Trade Canvas Print - Our community, photos, offers & more

Erm..... TCP - who are these guys:

http://www.tradecanvasprints.com/

?

I nearly bought from them thinking it was you :puke:

Hi,

This is a rival company who started up after us..... I actually own there .co.uk domain but they got into the market with the .com version. More expensive then us by ALOT! Slower service etc etc.... enough said we leave them to it and we concentrate what we're good at.

Thanks Ben

Hi,

This is a rival company who started up after us..... I actually own there .co.uk domain but they got into the market with the .com version. More expensive then us by ALOT! Slower service etc etc.... enough said we leave them to it and we concentrate what we're good at.

Thanks Ben

Gits - may be worth buying the other available domains like .net .org and .co just incase, it was the price (and the pink) that made me do a double take

We are always ready to complain when things go wrong, but it doesn’t happen so often when it’s gone right. I ordered a canvas from tradecanvasprint on a Wednesday AM, and received the finished item on the Friday AM; it was almost 48 hours from order to delivery. It came by courier of course and was well packaged.

I spoke to Ben on the phone before I placed the order and he was more than helpful, also emails were answered on average between 1 and 2 hours.

The quality is excellent as far as I am concerned, it is the first canvas I have bought so have nothing to compare with, but am perfectly happy with every aspect of the printing and assembly.

As far as the price is concerned, I didn’t do any comparisons, I was after quality and after reading other reports on this site decided to use them. I don’t feel at all unhappy about the price and for what you get I think it’s good value.

I have no hesitation to recommend this company and am happy to report on the good service.

The pictures below give a good idea of the canvas which is 38" x 30".

The image (my grandchildren), a picture of the canvas not the original jpeg.

TJS_3832 by Trev4 Photography, on Flickr

Rear construction

TJS_3836 by Trev4 Photography, on Flickr

Corner detail

TJS_3837 by Trev4 Photography, on Flickr

I hope this helps anyone looking for a supplier.

Last edited:
Well, 2 day turnaround and I'm thrilled with it.
Excuse the crappy pic taken in the office, but I was so excited I couldn't wait til I got home lol

print.jpg

Liked, Cliff O'Connor, on 376 likes now :banana:

Atb
Cliff

I'm in; liked as 'Simon Tregidgo Photography' (that's me)

You just trying to wind people up?

certainly not! :eek:

I'm just thinking that when I order canvases I order about 10 large ones per order. If I and everyone else sent them at the size you do I think the system would jam at their end! I'd be interested to hear from the printer as to whether it actually makes a difference to the final printed image?

Hi All,

To answer the question of does the MB of a photo matter regarding size.. the quick and simple answer is Yes it actually does.... anything around 5MB is fine for 30 inch plus (So Si your pics at that size is fine as you already know) but at 50, 60, 72 inches and even more ideally more than 5MB will be needed. We use genuine fractals to enlarge so we can pull better results from enlarging than say photoshop alone... so we can take a smaller dpi or MB file and get a good result from it but you can see the difference if a better quality, (dpi/ MB) file is used...just a better result all round.

As for clogging/jamming up our software/server.... do not let that stop you uploading large images..... we have a large upload capacity ( Many sites do not have the luxury of large capacity uploading most sites are 5 to 10MB) we have this to make things easier for you all to upload.... leave the worrying about servers jamming to us, we aim to make things as simple as possible for our clients which means if you want to upload larger files you can.

Thanks Ben

Remember Our Great competition!! All the details are below..... Come join in......

We've decided we're going to do a little competition (Just for TPF members!!).... it'll be for 2 people to win a free 30" x 20" canvas. All we're asking is that you Like us on facebook.

www.facebook.com/tradecanvas

List your name in this thread and we'll enter all the TPF members into the draw..... the only thing to mention is the competition will be drawn once we reach 400 likes.... and on November 24/25 th.....but we must reach 400 likes or more for this to go a head (This is when Facebook unlocks some neat page features that we'd like to use) so you help us by liking the page and we'll enter you into the draw for the free canvases.

If you already like us on FB just add your name to the thread and you'll also be entered.

Thanks Ben

My canvas arrived today, ready for passing on to my client.

Its a 5ft x 1.5ft panoramic of newcastle quayside.

I ordered it on thursday night at around 10:45 at night, i got a confirmation email from Ben at about 8:45 on friday morning saying it had been dispatched already!

Couldn't believe how fast the tunraround was!

It was scheduled for delivery yesterday but the courier broke down so it was delivered today instead!

I've had a good look at it and had it up on the wall to see what its like and the quality is outstanding. it feels really high quality and the frame is nice and sturdy. colours are represented really well and the contrast is really good.

I'm begninning to think i should have charged my client more than what i did! I'm sure the extra cost would have been justified.

anyway here's some pictures to have a look at. i'll definitely be using www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk again next time i need a canvas.

excuse the rubbish photos, they are grab shots in low light.

cheers

Nick

I ordered a canvas on Sunday and it arrived this morning, fantastically quick service. As for the quality, well i cannot fault it at all. I have had issues with poorly finished corners in the past but the finish achieved by Ben and his team is top drawer as is the print quality.

Thank you Ben i am thrilled with the canvas and i will definitely be ordering more from you.

Back