Tradecanvasprint

Advertiser
Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Mod Edit : This is an approved advertiser thread
Hi All,

This is our new thread, we will be starting a new thread every 4 weeks or so with product shots, competitions and more.

We've been asked a few times by clients (as well as newbie's) if we could post up some photo's of our canvases, here are a just a few.

Feel free to ask me any questions at all.

Canvas_Corner_FB.jpg

KnotFreePine.jpg

tapeandfelt.jpg

canvashanger.jpg

Thanks Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

We have had a delivery of some new stretcher bars from a new supplier that contacted us a while back, again great quality and from Europe, however we are unsure as to whether to change to the new bars.....

So we would like 2 forum members to volunteer to take 2 canvases each, one of our normal canvases and bars (as seen above) and one with the new bars. We would then like some input, photo's and feedback on the new bars. Along with anyother forum members input.

We have already chosen 3 forum members but need another 2 on a first come first served basis, but must be prepared to give us detailed constructive feedback on our products.

Please also note that these canvases will not be turned around within our normal 24 service. We are looking at starting this project towards the end of next week or beginning of the following week.

Please Private Message me.

Thanks

Ben

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just a very quick note, thanks to all the members of this forum who are helping us decide on the future of the new canvas stetcher bars we have taken delivery of. All the 'Samples' will be sent out over the coming week to week and a half.

Also I would just like to say we are currently running 48 hours behind on turn around due to a huge project we've just completed for Virgin. I'm affraid it took all of us out of the office this week for 3 days of work in Manchester (A 10 hour round trip for us!). However all orders placed from today on have been affected as we have come back to a back log. We estimate our normal 24 hour turn round will be back on track from Wednesday.

If you have any questions fire away......

Thanks

Ben

Last edited:
Hi

What's so different about these? They look the same finish on corners/back as the supplier I use already.

Also why the large hanger? Looks like it's designed for another purpose!

What would a 34"x22" 100% cotton cost?

Cheers
Si

(currently sell about 8-10 a week in that size)

From looking at this, im interested in the products Tradecanvasprint offer, and the prices are good too. However, I see a lot of people recommending DSCL. I would like to hear from Tradecanvasprint how they think their products compare, or maybe even others that have tried one of these companies.

Thanks.

Last edited:
From looking at this, im interested in the products Tradecanvasprint offer, and the prices are good too. However, I see a lot of people recommending DSCL. I would like to hear from Tradecanvasprint how they think their products compare, or maybe even others that have tried one of these companies.

Thanks.

I use both DSCL and Tradecanvasprint but for different things. I use DSCL for all my prints and tradecanvasprint for all my canvases. I did try DSCL for a canvas a while back, it didnt come as quickly as tcp, it was packed as well, and the quality didnt compare. The level of care that tcp appears to put into the each and every canvas is unreal.

my 2 cents.

Hi

What's so different about these? They look the same finish on corners/back as the supplier I use already.

Also why the large hanger? Looks like it's designed for another purpose!

What would a 34"x22" 100% cotton cost?

Cheers
Si

(currently sell about 8-10 a week in that size)

Hi Si,

It's a valid and interesting point.... so yes anyone can apply a top quality finish to canvas products, many can use tape to finish the back of a canvas..... many can manage a good, clean tight corner to there canvases, but can any offer a lifetime guarantee? We can this is how we our different and how our canvases are different. As for the hangers they are an award winning hanger design, they basically 'cover all bases' allowing the canvas to be hung in many different ways, you are not simply limited to a screw in the wall to get the canvases to hang flush on the wall, but instead you can use picture hooks, metal or plastic hooks, screws, nails etc, they're actually really very clever, even if not to everyones taste. There are many different designs for hangers available, this is simply one we like.

On the price front, p'm me if your interested in getting quotes, or you can log onto our site using the link at the top right of this forum or click here www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk although by the looks of things that I've read in other threads your more than happy with your current suppliers.

On a final note, to all the members that will be testing our 'new' sample bars we will be looking to despatch within 5/7 days as we are just waiting on a bar size to arrive in the country, the bars are currently (SLOWLY!!) travelling across Europe.

Thanks Ben

Last edited:
photo si said:
Hi Ben, why the secretive pricing? :thinking:

Why so secretive with the name and link of your current canvas suppliers? :thinking: as per your other thread where you are pm'ing people the link...

Also it appears to be be pretty standard for Most trade printers to need you to login to their site to get the prices.... Cuckoo....

Have just received this week my first canvas from Ben at Trade Canvas Print and wanted to say how pleased I was with the result.

I uploaded my image on Saturday evening and the canvas arrived on Wednesday. Great communication throughout and a very well packaged delivery.

It looks truly great on the wall and has already had comments from friends and family.

Many thanks and I for one will be using you again soon.

Received this canvas yesterday and the quality is stunning; the addition of the felt coins to protect the walls is a bonus. Will post a full review shortly.

Canvas.jpg

Ordered my 1st Canvas from Trade Canvas few days ago.

Arrived in good time by reliable courier, Well Packaged with Bubble wrap & Corrugated cardboard.

Canvas was nice and tight on the frame, corners were neatly wrapped and folded. The hook looks bit strange, however its surprisingly good.
Even without a ICC profile it looked very close if not identical to the final edited version on my Calibrated Monitor Display as they promised.

I had no issues with previous printer, however gave them a try due to the great prices.

Very impressed overall, will be using them again.

Seriously give these Guys a try before you question them.

Thanks Guys

Matt H

Johnsy is that a Satin finish on your Canvas, am just about to order my first Canvas from Tradecanvasprint and saw that its available in Matt or Satin, not sure which finish to go for

Adrian

The hook looks bit strange, however its surprisingly good.

The hook has a serrated edge so that you can move the fame to level up the canvas.... you only need 1 nail on the wall, no string/wire or hooks ........ a neat idea.

Last edited:
Ordered my 1st Canvas from Trade Canvas few days ago.

Arrived in good time by reliable courier, Well Packaged with Bubble wrap & Corrugated cardboard.

Canvas was nice and tight on the frame, corners were neatly wrapped and folded. The hook looks bit strange, however its surprisingly good.
Even without a ICC profile it looked very close if not identical to the final edited version on my Calibrated Monitor Display as they promised.

I had no issues with previous printer, however gave them a try due to the great prices.

Very impressed overall, will be using them again.

Seriously give these Guys a try before you question them.

Thanks Guys

Matt H

Hi Matt,

Glad you were happy with your order! We look forward to working with you again soon......

As for the hook I think Tom has hit the nail on the head..... Perfect explanation Tom! Thanks!

Ben

Johnsy is that a Satin finish on your Canvas, am just about to order my first Canvas from Tradecanvasprint and saw that its available in Matt or Satin, not sure which finish to go for

Adrian

I've no idea sorry, Ben are you able to let Adrian know?

AdeM said:

Adrian

It's the Photo prints that come in satin or Matt.

If you look at the price lists the first is for Framed Canvas, second is unframed canvas, third is Photograhic prints/Fine art.

Hope that helps.

Mention TP Forums in the message box and you'll receive 10% discount.

Tnx Matt, just re-read it and indeed you are correct, just placed my first order, first of many I hope :)

Just put an order in, for a Birthday present! How long does your shipping average? I also mentioned TP forum in the box, so will get that 10% off? :)

Best prices i could find around!

Simon

Just put an order in, for a Birthday present! How long does your shipping average? I also mentioned TP forum in the box, so will get that 10% off? :)

Best prices i could find around!

Simon

I would say you will have it in your hands within 72 hours!

Well my first Canvas from Ben has arrived, I ordered it over the weekend, I had mails throughout the process informing me of progress, I had the email monday morning informing me of the 10 percent refund back to my paypal account, and the Canvas has arrived this morning, to say that Im impressed would be an understatement, for the price I am gobsmacked, quality is superb, the workmanship and finish on the frame and extra touches with the hanger and felt dampers just go that extra mile for me, Im absolutley delighted and have no doubt I will be ordering again very soon, just to add that the Canvas was extremely well packed as well, Ben and Tradecanvasprint have a huge thumbs up from me (y)

Got the emails saying I'd have it tommorrow this morning! You guys work crazy fast!

Has anyone had a black and white print done?

It arrived and i am bloody chuffed! Great Service, and quick! Best Price, best Quality!

105bo6g.jpg

Simon

Just adding to the positive customer feedback...I received a 30x20inch canvas of one of my Snowdon prints today and it's excellent, great quality product and very fast delivery - Ben's also a great guy to deal with(y)

Simon

Ben,
Thanks for taking the time to call me last week, and the advice and offers for my new studio, will be placing first 30"x20" today/tommorow when client signs it off.
Refreshing service mate, keep it up

Kenny

A wee update on the outstanding service I have received today,
I ordered at lunchtime, ben called as I had a question I needed answering, top bloke. then I get 2 emails, first to say order in progress, second to say its been despatched!!!!!

After receiving such good service I hope the canvas is as stunning.
Keep up the good work, so few people realise, good communication makes a good company

Kenny KMP

The power of a good recommendation to the fore. I have just ordered a 30*20, now going to have to wait impatiently all damn weekend.

So I ordered after 10pm last night. I had a phone call from Ben before 10am this morning (sadly missed, was in a meeting) with a long voicemail, called him back at 11 or so and they had my image all ready to go but wanted to offer me advice on the best border. Going with the recommendation, sadly missed the morning delivery pickup by a few mins so it's in the post on Monday and with me Tuesday apparently.

So far thoroughly impressed, and Ben seems like a really friendly chap.

I received my canvas as expected yesterday, after nearly 10 mins untaping the box, really well packaged, I unveiled an amazing 30 x 20 canvas, the definition, quality, finnish just completely sets it apart from other canvas I have. If anybody reading this thread is still wondering if it's the real deal and top quality, IT IS.
So from talking to Ben, to ordering, to receiving my order what a breath of fresh air from a supplier who has realised that simply doing what it says on the tin actually really matters. Keep up the great work and I look forward to placing my next orders shortly.

Kenny kmp

Easy choice for canvas from now on, tradecanvasprint all the way. Can't recommend highly enough, great communication and the canvas is simply first class. Already wondering what else to hang. This one is 30*20 btw

Canvas-1.jpg

Canvas-2.jpg

Canvas-3.jpg

Canvas-4.jpg

Canvas-5.jpg

Last edited:
Stupid question time: will I notice a difference if I send you a 16 bit file over an 8 bit one? The difference is night and day on screen, but I'm having trouble with uploading 16 bot tiffs on the site, so is it worth the hassle of sending a CD? I'd order a sample but a 42"x22" canvas is one hell of a test piece! :LOL:

Stupid question time: will I notice a difference if I send you a 16 bit file over an 8 bit one? The difference is night and day on screen, but I'm having trouble with uploading 16 bot tiffs on the site, so is it worth the hassle of sending a CD? I'd order a sample but a 42"x22" canvas is one hell of a test piece! :LOL:

Hi Alan,

In my opinion, you won't see any difference at all, canvas tends to soften images, unlike a screen which is made to have images look razor sharp......

Hope this helps, sending a CD is up to you.

Thanks for all the positive feedback and photos.

Have a good Easter! Ben

Back