Trade Canvas Print - Our community, photos, offers & more

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your interest in placing an order with us. We're here to help at every stage.

As a rule we do not alter images before printing as our clients would normally edit images to look as they want. However this said we also understand that some clients worry about images printing light/dark, saturation etc and some may not be calibrated so we can help here too.

When ordering you will see a message box at checkout, simply write in the box any of your concerns i.e. Light/dark etc and we can check it, optimise it for print and produce from there.

Please do note our xmas cut off times.

Thanks Ben

Blown away by how good the canvas I just received from you guys looks! Was worried that I had upsized the photo too much but it looks amazing.

Out of interest is there any difference in me exporting a photo from Lightroom at 300dpi with the long edge size as apposed to me sending you the file in it's largest normal size and you printing it to canvas at say 200dpi? I hope that makes sense?

Cheers, Adam

I've ordered a few canvas with ben a few times now and been astounded by the quality. So Just ordered another one and this time a print too. Looking forward to them coming.

Hi,

I'm completely new to the world of printing (never had any photos printed onto canvas before) ... how do I go about getting a photo of my own printed onto canvas and how do I know which maximum size I can go up to before image degredation occurs?

Thanks for any advice.

Just ordered yet another set of canvases from yourselves always very happy with the quality. This time a fighter jet for my little boys wall!

Ordered a bundle of canvases, first order and we are very happy with the results, Happy to add these to our price list for next years show season. Great to fins another good supplier to add products to what we already offer.

Thanks Great Job!

Just received my canvas and whilst overall I am pleased with it my first large canvas. May have goofed on resolution etc but as it was my first
Just like to ask if you have altered your standards compared to your first post?
On there it shows taped over staples and felt coins on the corners and wedges in the corners, mine has none of this.
If this is the new standard then OK but I feel you should reflect this in this thread. That was one of the reasons I decided to try your product.:puke:

Attachments

• IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 51
Just received my canvas and whilst overall I am pleased with it my first large canvas. May have goofed on resolution etc but as it was my first
Just like to ask if you have altered your standards compared to your first post?
On there it shows taped over staples and felt coins on the corners and wedges in the corners, mine has none of this.
If this is the new standard then OK but I feel you should reflect this in this thread. That was one of the reasons I decided to try your product.:puke:

If you chose the 20mm then it comes with the staples visible etc as you mention, while the 38mm version has the tape & felt coins. This is shown on the website when you view the product pages for each type, although the difference isn't made explicit.

Hi Ray,

We have two stretched canvas products, the first 20 mm Canvas which you ordered and a 38 mm Canvas to which you're describing, so the taped backs, bumpers etc, a more premium product, reflecting in the price. You ordered a 20mm canvas which indeed comes with no tape or bumpers, as described in our quality pages on our site with photo's of real products to show our clients exactly what your getting when ordering. see the links here - 38 mm https://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk/38mm-canvases/ and 20 mm https://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk/20mm-canvases/

I hope this helps clear things up for you Ray, as you ordered the 20 mm canvas product. I personally produced your order and thought how nice it looked.

Thanks Ben

Reactions: RVW
If you chose the 20mm then it comes with the staples visible etc as you mention, while the 38mm version has the tape & felt coins. This is shown on the website when you view the product pages for each type, although the difference isn't made explicit.

Well that's me put straight! Lesson learnt read the small print:bat:
As I said happy with the canvas :ty:

No problem Ray, we have an individual page dedicated to each canvas product, with images (of real products) and text on each. I am pleased you like your canvas. Please do get in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Ben

Enlight39.jpg

Hi All,

Well, we've had a manic few months at TCP and haven't managed to post on the forum for a while now. But we're back and thought we'd let you know our new lower rate postage on prints has gone down well with our clients, so to say thank you for your continued support in using our services you can get 10% off photographic and Fine Art prints using the code 'PAPER10' just enter this at checkout and remember you can use this new discount code along with 'TCP10' (our forum members discount) together for a combined double discount!

To order visit https://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk

'PAPER10' discount code ends Sunday at mid-night,

Thanks Ben

Hi Ben

Seeing your update reminded me that I was going to be trying your service at some point? Have had a look round the website and sorry if I asked this or you have addressed this before but do you have ICC profiles for me to softproof in LightRoom for the papers you use (and the canvas???)

Also, though some of the papers I have seen elsewhere but others I do not 'recognise'. Do you have a sample pack of example prints (of all the papers) to send or as appropriate buy that show the look and finish?

Oh, again sorry if I asked in the past.....................I have used another printer for such inkjet/Giclee printing and they had info about the dpi you need e.g. 240 or 300 or ??? Plus they did the final sharpening based on their "knowledge" of each papers characteristics, with very nice results but now looking to use another printer for my limited needs as they arise. Do you recommend leaving that Output Sharpening step off of my workflow because (as above) you do that step???

TIA for the feedback and insight.

PS It has been a while since I got prints made and I am having to get up to speed again based on that prior experience :)

I'll get my coat now ;)

Hi Box Brownie,

A lot to get through there, have you an email address you can DM us and I'll get Glen to sort all the info out for you. On the paper side of things you can request a sample booklet when you log onto our website for the first time. It's free too and contains all 8 of our papers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ben

Hi Box Brownie,

A lot to get through there, have you an email address you can DM us and I'll get Glen to sort all the info out for you. On the paper side of things you can request a sample booklet when you log onto our website for the first time. It's free too and contains all 8 of our papers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ben

Hi Ben

I have just sent you an email to your studio@ address as that was the only DM (direct mail?) email address I could find :)

Took receipt of my first two canvas prints of my grandchildren today. Superb service. Super fast turnaround and was totally amazed at quality of prints. Very happy customer. Hope to do business again.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your kind words, I have passed this onto the team who will be pleased. Thanks again for your order and we're glad your happy with our quality and service, we look forward to working with you again soon.

Thanks Ben

Hi, Pleased that there is such positive feedback. Can you please PM me a price list as I am currently evaluating a number of suppliers for my business idea but am reluctant to keep signing up on numerous websites just to find out the pricing. Thanks.

Hi, Pleased that there is such positive feedback. Can you please PM me a price list as I am currently evaluating a number of suppliers for my business idea but am reluctant to keep signing up on numerous websites just to find out the pricing. Thanks.

Hi, no problem at all. It is best to register with is though, as this gives you access to our instant pricing tool for any bespoke size canvases, you input your size (almost any size at all) and the price is instantly generated. No need for lists and lists of frame sizes etc and you can download the prices from this page too.

I will send are standard canvas size list over when we're back in the studio tomorrow.

Thanks Ben

Just a quick thank you guys.....recieved my canvas today ,as always it is just perfect
It's one of my Iceland images from Joukulsarlon Ice Beach & is a gift for my best friend on her 50th birthday. So happy with how it's printed up , super speed deliver as well .
Thank you so much (y)(y)(y)(y)

Im looking for a canvas as signed up having thought i had already done so only to realise it was the other.com site i signed up for. Luckily i checked here first so will order in the next few days when im home from holiday. Do we still get a 10% discount?

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

Yes you get 10% discount off all order as long as your a Talk Photography member, the code is at the top of this page in an advert box. If it's your first order with us you can also use the code 'New 10' for an additional discount and sign up to our news letter for a further £5 off. Hope this helps!

Thanks Ben

You'd be surprised how well a large canvas holds an image, must be the texture. I have a very large canvas in my hall taken when I had a canon 300D, 6m pixel cmos. That was cropped to a landscape and is a 43 x 18" canvas, still looking good 9 years on.
95210503.jpg

So a 48 X 24 inch canvas of this at 16m pixels should work OK then/
I have beeen asked for a print of this in that size but I do not usually sell my work or print much actually

Crummock water Autumn reflections 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

So a 48 X 24 inch canvas of this at 16m pixels should work OK then/
I have beeen asked for a print of this in that size but I do not usually sell my work or print much actually

Yup that would work great, whata superb shot, but - have you thought of an acrylic. I think that shine would look amazing and really show off that image

Yup that would work great, whata superb shot, but - have you thought of an acrylic. I think that shine would look amazing and really show off that image

I would consider acrylic myself but the canvas is what I was asked for by someone who seems to have joined Flickr to ask

Back