Trade Canvas Print - Our community, photos, offers & more

This tends to be so Joe Public can't see the prices. I'm sure if you were trying to make a profit on an item you wouldn't want the client to see your cost price and then be demanding a heavy discount as you only pay xxxx for said item.

If that's the nature of the business - then I guess it's understandibly annoying to grumpy old people like me.

(Luckily I had got the price lists before they put in the pre-requirement for registration.)

Hi All,

We’ve always had a registration policy on our website (Apart from two days when we launched our new website 2 and a half years ago as we were getting the infrastructure in place) for reasons bigjohn has mentioned, it’s important to protect prices for photographers wishing to make a profit on their products when using our services.

We are of course always happy to supply Talk Photography members with an emailed copy of our prices, however as mentioned it’s best to use our online pricing tool which gives you an instant price for anysize of canvas you wish to have including totally custom sizes.

Hope this helps, Thanks Ben

Right, thought I would post some piccies. excuse the mess.

So, I ordered a 3 foot by 1 foot canvas of the following shot thinking that will be more than big enough.

027 - The Cuillins, Skye by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Having seen the images of the everyone's canvas prints on here they have entice me to try Trade Canvas Print for a canvas print. I've just put an order in for a 30x24 38mm canvas of an image I took a few weeks back in the Peak District.

A
Frosty Curbar Edge- Portrait 5x4 by Rob Cain, on Flickr

It's the first Peak District image I've taken that I felt happy enough with to print. Looking forward to seeing it in the fresh. I've also noticed you are based in Tenby where I'm off on holiday in June, that may entice me to make another order I could collect whilst there :) I will have to put up a photo of it once up.

Last edited:
the issue i had stemmed initially from bad weather but mostly through awful communication, the beast from the east was happening when i anticipated a delay as such but their update service didn't reflect the fact that the canvas was stuck in swansea and just said there has been a delay (but still came over that the parcel would come on that day). The time slot they give you is basically a 16hr window and as such my wife gave up the entire frday to be home with no further information sent to us. I called the local depot to find out what was happening on the saturday morning to be told it was still in swansea and there was a backlog. I then got a message at about 3.50pm on the monday to say it would arrive between 4.10 and 5.10pm that day so i had to request it be left in the porch as there was no one home at such short notice, i wasn't overly happy about such a large item being left in the porch either but there wasn't much other option. I got home from work at about 5.45pm and it still hadn't arrived, it eventually turned up at about 6pm. Apparently the automatic message system is meant to send a message as soon as the parcel is loaded onto the van first thing in the morning and that didn't happen either.

Just to be clear the idea of it being delayed doesn't bother me as i expected that due to the weather (and frankly there were people in a hell of a lot worse position during that storm than i was), it's the fact dpd's update system was so dreadful and misleading that is caused quite a lot of messing about completely unnecessarily. Anyways, rant over...

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback regarding DPD, and sorry for any inconvience caused by DPD’s communication issues, we always trust our courier partners to do the best they posssibly can but the ‘Beast from the East’ certainly caused problems for DPD’s systems. I do think as mentioned it was down to a backlog caused by our local depot Swansea being in a red weather warning zone, with drivers being called back to the depot due to a risk to life. Ourselves as well a lot of South West Wales was under snow for 3 to 4 days with everything grinding to a halt. Friday was the worst effected day, I’m not sure DPD were expecting it to be so bad in our area and as a result their communication was poor, it’s a shame to hear this as DPD are normally very good. We will of course relay these communication issues back to our accounts manager at DPD to hopefully ensure they do not happen again.

Thanks Ben

Having seen the images of the everyone's canvas prints on here they have entice me to try Trade Canvas Print for a canvas print. I've just put an order in for a 30x24 38mm canvas of an image I took a few weeks back in the Peak District.

A
Frosty Curbar Edge- Portrait 5x4 by Rob Cain, on Flickr

It's the first Peak District image I've taken that I felt happy enough with to print. Looking forward to seeing it in the fresh. I've also noticed you are based in Tenby where I'm off on holiday in June, that may entice me to make another order I could collect whilst there :) I will have to put up a photo of it once up.

Hi Rob,

This canvas looked great leaving us today, I actually processed your order as well as stretching it etc. The photo was great! Mind it looked freezing!! Anyway yes we’re in Tenby and you’re very welcome to pop into the print studio when your visiting.

Thanks Ben

Hi Rob,

This canvas looked great leaving us today, I actually processed your order as well as stretching it etc. The photo was great! Mind it looked freezing!! Anyway yes we’re in Tenby and you’re very welcome to pop into the print studio when your visiting.

Thanks Ben
Thank you Ben, looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. I can’t believe how fast you turn these around, fantastic service! I may just take you up on that offer.

Yes it was quite cold (-2C) on top of the edge but great conditions for photography :)

Hi All,

We’ve had a busy few weeks so have been a little quiet on here, remember Talk Photography members get an exclusive 10% discount on all orders for life. Just use code TP10 at checkout. We also love seeing your canvases in situ so remember to post a photo to our thread.

Thanks Ben

I've just made my first order, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh :)

I've just made my first order, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh :)

Received less than 24 hours after placing the order, incredible service! The quality of the product is outstanding as well. Very pleased!

Just need to get it up on the wall now.

@Tradecanvasprint I've got a panorama of Florence that I'm wanting to put to canvas. Are there any particular processing settings I need to make, being it's going to canvas, before I send it off?

We don't need you to do anything specific to the file, just send it on over to us before hand if you'd like to make sure the size of the image will be ok for enlargement up to the canvas size you'd like and we can sort the rest. Then you can simply order online with us www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk and if they're are any issues we will always contact you back. Don't forget when ordering online use the TP10 discount code.

Thanks Ben

Received less than 24 hours after placing the order, incredible service! The quality of the product is outstanding as well. Very pleased!

Hi Doug,

Glad you're please with all the aspects of your order, it's great to hear your kind words and I'll be sure to pass them onto the team. Remember to post a picture if you have time, we always love seeing clients orders up on the wall.

Thanks Ben

Pictures man pictures :)

D58B16AB-FEE2-4902-8BE5-EB617B232BDB.jpeg

Just a very quick snap this morning whilst on the way out of the house! Adds some colour to the hallway.

I did a friend's wedding recently and they've asked me to get three canvas prints done. Seeing all of the lovely images on here of other people's prints I thought it was worth giving Trade Canvas Prints a go so I loaded the files last night and fingers crossed they were ok and can be printed on a 30 x 20. I'm just a little worried they may be slightly dark as I've a tendency to process them slightly on the dark side for printing but I've left a message on the order to see if they can check for this. My wallet's a bit lighter now :)

I'm stumped.

I want to get a 50 x 20 inch print, but at 300dpi, the image is 15,000 x 6,000 pixels, and the system won't let me upload it. The system is asking for 300dpi, but it has a limit of 10k pixels....

Do I send a smaller image and let TCP do the upscaling?

Sorry this is a really crap photo taken with my phone - in real life it looks so much better. I didn't know what to expect from this as the original photo was taken of my first cat out on Dartmoor in the mist (she liked going for walks with me) on film in 1989. All I had was a 6 x 4 print to scan, edit in PSP to as close to the original as I could get and resize (to 25 inches across). I was blown away by how well the print turned out. A fitting way to remember a very special cat and the four others that came after her.
A great job by TCP and delivered right on time as well.

20180726_151258
by Jannyfox on Talk Photography

Sorry this is a really crap photo taken with my phone - in real life it looks so much better. I didn't know what to expect from this as the original photo was taken of my first cat out on Dartmoor in the mist (she liked going for walks with me) on film in 1989. All I had was a 6 x 4 print to scan, edit in PSP to as close to the original as I could get and resize (to 25 inches across). I was blown away by how well the print turned out. A fitting way to remember a very special cat and the four others that came after her.
A great job by TCP and delivered right on time as well.

20180726_151258 by Jannyfox on Talk Photography

Lovely picture that!

Ordered my first print from Trade Canvas this week, a poster I'd designed for my son's birthday this weekend.

I wasn't sure how it worked regarding borders, as in how much of the image, if any, stretched over the edge of the canvas, so I added a black border around the image just in case. I uploaded my image via the website and within minutes Ben phoned me to ask if I really wanted that border.

I thought this was pretty spectacular customer service, they could've just sent what I'd ordered and bigger fool me if I got it wrong.

The canvas has arrived and it's excellent quality, really pleased with it, hope my son is when I present it to him at the weekend.

Back