Trade Canvas Print - Our community, photos, offers & more

Ordered 9:14am today, email received to say order complete at 11:46am. Fab turn around times again, especially at this time of the year. :)

Hi All,

Hope everyone's managing to get outdoors and take some great Snow Photos, if you'd like to get an image printed onto canvas or one of our paper ranges thenremember to use TP15 at checkout for 15% off your order. The offer ends Feb 28th.

Use TP15 at checkout for 15% off Trade Canvas Print

Thanks Ben

Now my time to give feedback here ;)

I have had printed a couple of a size I have never had printed before 18.6 x 12.6 inches.

Talk about quick........ordered yesterday and arrived today ~ that is prompt :)

I went for the Pearl finish paper as I have in the past had printing done on the Fine Art Hahnemühle Pearl. Now as TC does not list the make I was unsure how the surface would look. For the record it is good and pleasing but a tad different (as far as I can discern) to the Hahnemühle version.

Even though in my minds eye and calculations I thought I knew how big they would be but they are bigger in the 'flesh' so to speak...................but great to see my efforts in print again but so much bigger than in the past :D

I will I am sure use TC again but if I had a wish is that they could, if necessary by buying a sample pack (sorry Ben if I missed this anywhere???), of example prints on the various papers.

Talking of the papers, there are various brands around and rather that just stating the type & finish it would be good to know which make of paper is which. This combined with that TC use Canon Lucia Pigment inks would increase confidence in knowing that the final print does have great(er) longevity :)

Hi,

Glad you liked the prints, we sell a lot of 18”x 12” prints, it’s a popular size even though yours were slightly larger. Thanks for all your feedback, I always like hearing where we’re can improve. The paper brand we use is Fotospeed, all our papers are from them, I’ll make a note of making sure this is displayed on the paper section of our website . Pearl and Baryta are by far our most popular papers both are very good all round papers. We also print a lot on Fine Art Textured papers for that heavy embossed look. There is an option when you first login to our site where you can request a paper sample/ swatch booklet, it’s free of charge and has all our papers in it with print examples of each paper. It’s a good way of seeing our profiling in action as each different paper type has little to no colour variation, meaning no matter what paper type you order the colours remain the same. The only exception is Baryta which gives unrivalled skin tones and depth. If any of the forum members want D6BD4452-5237-4992-BE67-EC11614FEF1F.jpega paper sample/ swatch sent to them you can email us on studio@tradecanvasprint.co.uk (mention your off the forum) here’s an photo of us putting the sample swatches together. All inks are the Canon Lucia inks and have exceptable longevity. Any questions please do ask.
Thanks Ben

Hi Ben.

I received the sample, thank you.

I’ve never printed or had anything to do with printing, do you offer a phone help or maybe a guidance based on the type of picture I’d like to print ?

I’ve taken a few lately I’d like to try on canvas or maybe something else but I have no idea where to start.

Hi Scott,

Of course, we can help over email or you can call the studio on 07415939239 or 01834844298 (I prefer the mobile number as our landline is really quiet and it’s hard to hear people talk). If I don’t answer just ask one of the staff members that does answer for me (Ben) and mention your off the forum. I can help over the phone and discuss and run through any print options and of course answer any questions you may have

Hi Scott,

Of course, we can help over email or you can call the studio on 07415939239 or 01834844298 (I prefer the mobile number as our landline is really quiet and it’s hard to hear people talk). If I don’t answer just ask one of the staff members that does answer for me (Ben) and mention your off the forum. I can help over the phone and discuss and run through any print options and of course answer any questions you may have
Thank you, I’ll give you a call tomorrow or early next week.

Hi Ben

Just a couple of thoughts?

The tube my prints came was a quite small diameter (tight radius) and I was relieved to find the prints flattened under their own weight but I wonder how the paper might have behaved had I left them in the tube for say 2 or 3 days before opening it?

In regard to the way they were packed it was a nicely rolled and taped bundle but I was a little surprised that there was no interleave of tissue paper between the two prints, which I have seen used to avoid transit damage where one print might rub against another???

In regard to the sample pack/booklet..............though not my initial login I cannot see anywhere to place an order for it. Do please point it out to me:-
"There is an option when you first login to our site where you can request a paper sample/ swatch booklet, it’s free of charge and has all our papers in it with print examples of each paper. " :help::thinking:

Thanks once again for great service and prints.

PS in case anyone wonders about the slightly increased size from 18 x 12 inches ~ I expanded the canvas in PS to be able to put a title under the image ;) and I will be mounting them in over sized mounts to 'show' a 1cm print border to include an edition number.

Hi,

Here's a photo of the website when you first register, in the bottom right hand corner is a small orange box with 'request a pocket sample booklet' once you click on it, it opens up to the second photo where you can enter your details and the site will send that to our studio. If in the past you've done this before this option will be no longer available to you as they're free we limited the requests to one per account.

But of course TP members can request the samples via email.

As for packing we'll make the change to interleave sheets between prints, I do know that if prints are different sizes in one order, each size is wrapped individually to minimise any scratching etc. The main reason for small postage tubes is so we can keep postage costs low for our clients (I think we're amongst the lowest around) recently we've seen a huge increase in courier/ postal prices and we don't want those prices to impact on our clients.

Hope this helps.Booklet request.JPGBooklet request form.JPGBooklet request.JPGBooklet request form.JPG

Hi Ben

Ah! the devil in the details.

As I recall I registered late last year (December) and I cannot recall whether I clicked for the sample pack or not.....???

I will do so via an email as you advise :)

Hi All

I am sorting out files etc to get some more prints done and had a lookin here to see how things were going re: TC users?

This thread has been oh so quiet and even Ben has not posted since Feb 2019

Does any one recall what the (everyday) TP'ers discount code was???

PS Of course I could phone Ben to get his update ;)

Hi : )

All’s fine with us at TCP, we’ve just been super busy and struggled to find time to post. The code for forum discount is TP10 hope this helps.

Thanks Ben

Hi Ben

So you have not been hiding.................just quiet on the forum front but lovely & busy at the coalface (which is good to hear) :)

All the best

PS a quick question ~ at this stage it looks like I will be ordering some max size 12x8, is this size shipped flat or rolled........i.e. I suppose the question might be asked better as in 'what is the max size (including border) that ships flat'?

Hi Ben

So you have not been hiding.................just quiet on the forum front but lovely & busy at the coalface (which is good to hear) :)

All the best

PS a quick question ~ at this stage it looks like I will be ordering some max size 12x8, is this size shipped flat or rolled........i.e. I suppose the question might be asked better as in 'what is the max size (including border) that ships flat'?

No problem at all, Max size flat is normally 16” x 12” plus the border, so anything under that is always sent flat. If in doubt just email us on studio@tradecanvasprint.co.uk and we can answer any questions etc.

Hi Ben

Just to say more ordered this evening :)

Hi Rob,

We're still here! Just been very busy with lots of things so it's been hard finding time to post on the forum. My wife who worked in the studio with us was on last years Great British Bake Off (Michelle) and since then she's been busy working on other projects with companies which has been very exciting but left us a person short in the studio. Hence finding the time to post here.

The tape we use is a form of framing backing tape like Tessa Tape and yes we still do discount for members, it's TP10 enter it at checkout.

Hope that helps, Thanks Ben

Yesterday I ordered another 8 prints for an upcoming exhibition..........................this morning I got the confirmation email that the order was complete and was due for dispatch (today?)

The level of and speed of service has not changed :D :clap:

A word of warning to others as I’ve been caught out by this. There is another company who produce canvas prints that trade on a very similar website (trade canvas print S . COM). Note the S and .COM are different from the one you are looking for (I’ve separated the web address to ensure it doesn’t create a web address link)

When you google Trade Canvas Print this other website comes up as the top result as it’s an ad. The actual website you are looking for is the first actual search result https://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk.

I blame myself as a discount code popped up on the screen for ‘welcome back’ so I used that instead of the TP code. The TP code wouldn’t have worked so I would have found out at that point something wasn’t right.

This was only spotted after Ben PM’d me to see if I’d placed the order because they had seen it come through and wanted to check all was ok (great customer service by the way (y)).

Last edited:
Morning All,
Yes I thought I’d drop Rob a PM after we had a very busy start to yesterday, so last night I thought I’d take a look at his order as most canvas orders leave is same day I wanted to check it was all on track for delivery today but I couldn’t see an order, that’s when alarm bells started going off in my head and I wondered if he’d been directed to a different site. Unfortunately it was the case.
I do question some companies/ people’s morals when they see it’s ok to register a company, then use a ‘trading as’ name so close to ours that it’s almost emulating, passing off as us. Please be sure to visit the correct website when ordering with us. We have the orange box logo with Trade Canvas Print in it.
Thanks Ben

Just ordered a set of 3 canvases from images I took last year, plus a larger canvas as well.

Looking forward to seeing them on my wall....

Just got my latest order from Trade Canvas - could not be more happy, ordered Sunday evening, on the doorstep 10am Tuesday.
This is the first time I've ordered prints as well as canvas and they are very nice as well, especially like the ability to specify the size of the prints (to fit existing frames)
These are all from Trade Canvas, lower right and Kelpie are new from today

665952bd-6c52-4830-8803-22f5fe0891e0.jpg

Nice 'gallery' and use of space :)

The Kelpie one is quite effective.

PS can I ask what lighting you have to 'show' the pictures? Many houses have such a landing/stairwell but the lighting is poor :(

PPS I have yet to buy a canvas but have bought a number of prints from Trade Canvas......and I have been very pleased from the first lot to the most recent. Plus and equally important their attention to detail & customer support is IMO of the best I have experienced!

Nice 'gallery' and use of space :)

The Kelpie one is quite effective.

PS can I ask what lighting you have to 'show' the pictures? Many houses have such a landing/stairwell but the lighting is poor :(

Thank you -

The lighting is bog standard LED down lighters, the phone picture has made it look better than it is, the LED lamps are also "warm white" which doesn't help with the colour of the pictures.

But they are on the wall and I'm very pleased with them.

David

Thank you -

The lighting is bog standard LED down lighters, the phone picture has made it look better than it is, the LED lamps are also "warm white" which doesn't help with the colour of the pictures.

But they are on the wall and I'm very pleased with them.

David

Thanks for the insight.....and seeing them it is no surprise that you are pleased (y)

Just ordered a set of 3 canvases from images I took last year, plus a larger canvas as well.

Looking forward to seeing them on my wall....

Ordered Sunday arrived yesterday, spot on service.

My only problem now is "discussing" with SWMBO where they're going to hang....

Back