Critique Traditional Irish Music Concert

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just got back from Ireland and while I was there had the opportunity to take the photos for a reunion gig of two of the biggest names in Irish Trad music from the 90's, Steve Cooney and Seamus Begley. The lighting was terrible and I had limited movement but I was quite pleased with a couple. I might revisit the processing, they looked OK yesterday but some look perhaps a tad dark today - new screen on order!

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/sEBS5b'] 1
by Social Media Magic, on Flickr

2 by Social Media Magic, on Flickr

3 by Social Media Magic, on Flickr

4 by Social Media Magic, on Flickr

5 by Social Media Magic, on Flickr

6 by Social Media Magic, on Flickr

7 by Social Media Magic, on Flickr

And from a different gig, another famous Irish Trad guitarist, Tommy O'Sullivan

8 by Social Media Magic, on Flickr[/url]

Last edited:
They certainly do look like rock stars and quite interesting characters, I bet the music was awesome, I think you have done very well the black and white shots work best for me, do like the last two shots.

Think I prefer the B&W over the colour shots, they add more character and depth to the pictures. My favourites are first and with the first being top of the list. Looks like it was taken in the 70's, almost a "Hendrix" type shot. Good job and thank you for sharing.

Thanks guys, it was a good night! The guitarist in picture 1 is a guy called Steve Cooney and he certainly suited B&W conversion. The colour ones do a job but the B&W are my favourite

Back