Trail Camera Tips

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been experimenting with a trail camera I've had for a few months. I have a small holding with a couple of shelters where an Owl and a Kestrel like to perch. I've got some footage of them but I seem to have a pair of bigger birds, either Kites or Buzzards that perch on the various fence posts. I've not managed to get any footage of them though. Does anyone have any tips as to how I might be able to get them near the camera??

Have you tried putting out some road kill, rabbit, squirrel or pheasant etc ?
I have two Bushnell trail cams that i use up my local woods, i have found that a bait staked or tied down will bring in all sorts of birds and mammals.

My friend is a gamekeeper and deer stalker, several times in the past i set-up my cameras on the gralloch (guts, heart and lungs) of a deer to see what comes for a free feed, its very interesting to see.
Good luck i hope it works.
ps, even a raw chicken carcass might work.

Wow. Great picture!
I've not tried any bait. I just set it up pointing to where there was signs if bird mess. All technical stuff! What model Bushnell is that as that's a great picture.
I'll definitely try some bait when I get round to it.
Thank you for the information.

I think mine are Bushnell trophy cams ? i have loads of photos of buzzards/owls/badgers/foxes and even other deer attracted to different baits like gralloch and road kill.
Good luck with yours.

Back