Beginner Train

Name
Roy Newport
Edit My Images
No
image.jpeg Took this yesterday as it passed through Bath,interested in your thoughts.

I think that's quite a good shot, though if it were me I'd be annoyed at having the random people on the bridge. Not a lot you can do about that other than finding a more obscure location, or maybe a second or two later the steam might have obscured them more but left some bridge. Hard to time something like that when you've only got a few seconds to deal with it. Greens seem very green, I'm not sure what I think about that, but something like that is a matter for personal opinion anyway. If it were my shot, though, I'd be quite happy with it.

Agree nice shot but could do with knocking back a bit on colour

Yes I agree, tone the saturation a wee bit, I like the shot especially the good DOF (y)

the composition is nice and the people add a human interest to the shot so all good. But, man did you get excited with the hue/saturation yellow slider............to much vino perhaps? Also the edging around the top right portion of the steam plume backing onto the tree foliage looks to have the hallmarks of a thick black line indicating too much sharpening and contrast. But, post processing apart id be very happy to have that im my port

the composition is nice and the people add a human interest to the shot so all good. But, man did you get excited with the hue/saturation yellow slider............to much vino perhaps? Also the edging around the top right portion of the steam plume backing onto the tree foliage looks to have the hallmarks of a thick black line indicating too much sharpening and contrast. But, post processing apart id be very happy to have that im my port

I agree with this, PP is waaay over the top (and parts of the steam looks blown out - can it be recovered?) but I do really like the base image.

Thanks all for your comments,steam not blown out.ajusted colour.image.jpeg

Back