Transport pictures from Beamish the Living museum of the North

badlywornroy

I am not macho
Name
Roy
Edit My Images
No
One of my favourite places to take photographs, sadly closed at this time. Here are some previous pictures I hope you may enjoy.

i-5tSFFTm-X2.jpg

i-88KSMmP-X2.jpg

i-CxX3dvw-X2.jpg

i-KwBTMcF-X2.jpg

i-MCVPdJT-X2.jpg

i-nZTvQJn-X2.jpg

If you like these I have some portraits from Beamish here:- Portraits from Beamish

I have Indoor scenes from Beamish here:- Beamish Indoor scenes.

Last edited:
Super shots again, what are you using to process these?

Thanks rick, I am a long time user of Topaz Adjust (photoshop plugin) These pictures are processed from a single raw with Topaz Adjust and Photoshop. I have many more from Beamish so please return here for more pictures or a link to a different section.

Last edited:
Thanks rick, I am a long time user of Topaz Adjust (photoshop plugin) These pictures are processed from a single raw with Topaz Adjust and Photoshop. I have many more from Beamish so please return here for more pictures or a link to a different section.
Thanks for the info. I love the look of those, I must try and get some presets like those for Capture One :)

I love the treatment of these :)

I visited Beamish for the first time last summer and have been looking forward to going again ever since .. then this lockdown thing got in the way :( Definately on my list of places to return to once we are allowed to stay overnight.

Great images Roy, processing and presentation really suits too. Were these taken on a normal public admission day, if so, how easy was it to keep the public out of shot ?

Great images Roy, processing and presentation really suits too. Were these taken on a normal public admission day, if so, how easy was it to keep the public out of shot ?

Thanks Neil for your kind words. I have been to Beamish many times and the pictures I am posting here and other threads were taken over different visits. I went once on a ‘photographic evening’ i.e limited attendance and we were all respectful of other photographers. Some were certainly taken then. However I do work ‘hard’ to exclude ‘contamination’ this can mean being prepared to wait for the right moment and in some instances Photoshop ‘cloning out’ is a last resort.

Back