Travelling with a compact pt 3 - New Zealand (pic heavy!)

odd jim

Flimsiest Lambresta
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
This was actually our forth leg on our travels (I'll get to Singapore later which was actually our third leg!) with the little RX100. New Zealand is an utterly stunning place, perhaps only matched by Iceland when it comes to otherworldly landscapes. You can really see why Peter Jackson (other than being a Kiwi born and bred) decided to film the LOTR and the Hobbit films here. A few from the many I took - apologies to those who have seen some of these already in the RX100 thread :)

233 by Jim, on Flickr

212 by Jim, on Flickr

345 by Jim, on Flickr

244 by Jim, on Flickr

204 by Jim, on Flickr

180 by Jim, on Flickr

154 by Jim, on Flickr

145 by Jim, on Flickr

Last edited:
Surely 180 which you have as Lake Matheson in Flikr is Queenstown? These bring back fond memories, I must get back there.

Edit: sorry that is just your tag.

Last edited:
Surely 180 which you have as Lake Matheson in Flikr is Queenstown? These bring back fond memories, I must get back there.

Yes indeed it is, I did a bulk tag whilst uploading and haven't tweaked the tags yet!

Is The Ledge still there? Jumped off that, probably why that view is etched in my memory :)

Is The Ledge still there? Jumped off that, probably why that view is etched in my memory :)
Yes it is, my GF went off it on a parachute, I decided to stay up there and have a coffee in the cafe while I waited for her to come back up!

Some very nice landscapes amongst this set :)

Thanks Gramps :)

Some very nice photos Jim, from your travels, that little Sony has performed well.

Last edited:
NZ is a dream to photograph. I had a ball there many years ago and some great shots at Haast when the weather turned grey and miserable, a vast contrast to the sub shine piercing through clouds on Arthurs Way.

I long to go back... Thanks for the pics as it will be a long time before I'm there, so I'll live it vicariously through your images...

Thanks guys! I hope to go back at some point, amazing place.

I came here from the RX100 thread, incredible shots here! I knew the RX100 was very capable but haven't seen many landscapes from them but these really are top, just goes to show!

Absolutely beautiful, I think I'm just a teeny (lots) bit green with envy at your travels!

Absolutely beautiful, I think I'm just a teeny (lots) bit green with envy at your travels!

Back