Tree identification

Looks like a cherry tree?

Reactions: Nod
Cheers. Seem to be very tough to fell, worked the chainsaw hard lol

Edit: left that one up, but ones in middle section were rotten so had to come down.

Last edited:
Looks like the mythical giant bonsai. :)

Cheers. Seem to be very tough to fell, worked the chainsaw hard lol

Edit: left that one up, but ones in middle section were rotten so had to come down.

Not the best time of year to be felling as the sap will be up. Also, try not to cut too near the base as this will knock 10 bells out the chain and will go blunt very quickly.

Almost certainly a Prunus of some sort (cherry/plum). Looks more like one of the purely ornamental types rather than a fruiter. Don't leave the logs stacked on bare earth - they might take root!

Not the best time of year to be felling as the sap will be up. Also, try not to cut too near the base as this will knock 10 bells out the chain and will go blunt very quickly.

Thankfully the chain sum feels sharp, but it should did get hot despite all the oil cooling. I was expecting the cut to be quicker, maybe a cheap chain?

Almost certainly a Prunus of some sort (cherry/plum). Looks more like one of the purely ornamental types rather than a fruiter. Don't leave the logs stacked on bare earth - they might take root!

All been taken to the dump. I was thinking about seasoning them, but changed my mind.

Back