Tree Textures

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I thought a nice trip to the French Pre-Alps on Sunday would be good to clear the lungs before the festive season began properly.
Whilst walking I saw this image and so I took the shot, now this is a crop of a rather dull looking shot but I saw something inside that shot and here it is, what do you all think.
I know the trees are a little sparse in some areas but hey ho..
Maybe I`m just seeing things :wideyed:

GRE_3438 by Graham, on Flickr

Sorry I cant see what you are seeing :(

The focal point for me is the tree`s, there is no actual point, it is all of them and what I am seeing is the Textures.
To a point it is a little memorising for me.

For me too and yes very much mesmerising, I could put that on a wall in a larger size and just enjoy looking at

For me too and yes very much mesmerising, I could put that on a wall in a larger size and just enjoy looking at
Woohooo, thanks Gremlin, I'm glad you like it and find the same as me.

I think if the tree's weren't bare and brown the shot would work better, perhaps with some mist or plays in light or with a thick frost to add texture but bare brown trees make for bare brown pictures. I don't like bare brown trees, they capture everything I despise about the darker months.

I think if the tree's weren't bare and brown the shot would work better, perhaps with some mist or plays in light or with a thick frost to add texture but bare brown trees make for bare brown pictures. I don't like bare brown trees, they capture everything I despise about the darker months.
Thanks Steve, I guess trees will never be everyone's cup of tea even if green or brown but it is winter.

I really like this - as you said, it's the texture caused by the repeating pattern that's really mesmerising.

Pattern and texture have a long tradition in landscape photography, and this is a good example of how they can work. Don't always need a 'focal point'. What really helps this are the bands of sunlit snow behind the trees.

I really like this - as you said, it's the texture caused by the repeating pattern that's really mesmerising.
Thanks Toni, Much appreciated.

Pattern and texture have a long tradition in landscape photography, and this is a good example of how they can work. Don't always need a 'focal point'. What really helps this are the bands of sunlit snow behind the trees.
Thanks John, It`s nice to know that you really looked into this shot and could see the snow behind.
Much appreciated.

Back