Trees

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Not done too much landscape but I quite like these that I shot yesterday. Not sure how the processing and composition is seen from other's POV so I won't be afraid of critique.

Tree
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Sunrays 1
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Sunrays B and W
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Last edited:
I quite like the first one, I have to say. It's a nice simple shot. And to my untrained eye at least it seems well balanced with the jet being a nice touch. Not so taken with the other two unfortunately.

Thanks guys. Was expecting harsh feedback so I guess I'm doing something right, :)

Jason, yes you're right and I'd considered removing the flare spots but I'm just not sure how to do it and keep the areas of ground or tree bark underneath them looking the same. The heal or clone tool right?

I like all three with number two being my favourit, the only thing that’s a bit distracting is the lens flares.

I like all three with number two being my favourit, the only thing that’s a bit distracting is the lens flares.

Thanks Flossyrockstar. I love your sig and your Monty Python reference in your avatar. :LOL:

There was too much ground in the first photo so I've cropped it further and reposted it.

I agree about the lens flare. I found a good video about that last night that I've saved for reference. It shows a way to have no lens flare at all.
When I shot my photos, I bracketed all my images, from -2 stops to +2 stops. However, next time, following the video tutorial, I'll bracket 3 shots with a finger in front of the lens blocking the sun, and another 3 bracket shots without the finger. In Lightroom I would then merge each 3 shot bracket separately to create two images. One image with finger and one without. Then I do my processing in the develop tab and then sync the settings to both images and then send it to photoshop to create a mask layer and brush away the finger. Seems fairly straight forward to do and I'm looking forward to trying that out. Just need some more sun again!

Last edited:
Thanks Flossyrockstar. I love your sig and your Monty Python reference in your avatar. :LOL:

There was too much ground in the first photo so I've cropped it further and reposted it.

I agree about the lens flare. I found a good video about that last night that I've saved for reference. It shows a way to have no lens flare at all.
When I shot my photos, I bracketed all my images, from -2 stops to +2 stops. However, next time, following the video tutorial, I'll bracket 3 shots with a finger in front of the lens blocking the sun, and another 3 bracket shots without the finger. In Lightroom I would then merge each 3 shot bracket separately to create two images. One image with finger and one without. Then I do my processing in the develop tab and then sync the settings to both images and then send it to photoshop to create a mask layer and brush away the finger. Seems fairly straight forward to do and I'm looking forward to trying that out. Just need some more sun again!
I’ll have a google for that, thanks for the heads up. I like the new version as well. (y)

I’ll have a google for that, thanks for the heads up. I like the new version as well. (y)

Here's the video. At 5:50 it's like magic when he erases the finger. :)

Back