Treetops

Of its type its a nice image and probably one that would do very well in a major competition.

But I just don't get this sort of thing and it doesn't hold my interest the way a big view landscape would.

It's taken me a while to work out if I like it or not.....not seeing the base of the trees really goes against the grain!! However, you'll be pleased to know that I have decided I do like it and it is, indeed, a cracking shot, with the muted autumn colours through the cool mist! :) Very nicely done! :clap:

It's taken me a while to work out if I like it or not.....not seeing the base of the trees really goes against the grain!! However, you'll be pleased to know that I have decided I do like it and it is, indeed, a cracking shot, with the muted autumn colours through the cool mist! :) Very nicely done! :clap:
Thank you Mike! Glad it swayed you in the end (y)
lovely scene and sensitive processing too.
Thanks Sam

Love the pastel colours of the leaves and the cool overall tone. Nicely framed too.

Liking this image a lot.
At the start, i wanted to keep scrolling down to see the forest floor, but the title states the intention.
Great mood and ambience.

That is one very atmospheric image. Hope it gets blown up and well displayed!

Last edited:
Love the pastel colours of the leaves and the cool overall tone. Nicely framed too.
Liking this image a lot.
At the start, i wanted to keep scrolling down to see the forest floor, but the title states the intention.
Great mood and ambience.
That is one very atmospheric image. Hope it gets blown up and well displayed!
I think its superb Jake, nicely done.
Thanks guys!

Superb. Definitely needs to be printed large.

At first look you think, oh no that's wrong. No path through the base of the trees, no route for the eye, or not the usual more angled upwards perspective.
But a closer look, the lighting on the right of the birch bark matches the mistiness perfectly, the central brightness fading to the edges, draws you in and you can spend a long time lookign around the image. Very clever

Superb. Definitely needs to be printed large.

Nope, I don't think a print would do it justice in pulling out the best of it. I think this would be perfect backlit on a lightbox, something like https://www.artmill.com/products/gallery-lightbox/

At first look you think, oh no that's wrong. No path through the base of the trees, no route for the eye, or not the usual more angled upwards perspective.
But a closer look, the lighting on the right of the birch bark matches the mistiness perfectly, the central brightness fading to the edges, draws you in and you can spend a long time lookign around the image. Very clever

Nope, I don't think a print would do it justice in pulling out the best of it. I think this would be perfect backlit on a lightbox, something like https://www.artmill.com/products/gallery-lightbox/
Thank you mate. Appreciate your comments :)
Lol that's even more expensive!

I love this. The only slight thing i might consider burning is the gap on the right hand side which seems a little lighter than that of the left and for me competes slightly with the lightest section in the middle. This is just something that sort of caught my eye but is more of a personal preference thing than a critique of the photo, which is stellar.

I love this. The only slight thing i might consider burning is the gap on the right hand side which seems a little lighter than that of the left and for me competes slightly with the lightest section in the middle. This is just something that sort of caught my eye but is more of a personal preference thing than a critique of the photo, which is stellar.
Thanks for your comments, the gap in the trees is a slight bug, but I think the amount of burning it will need to reduce that, will be noticeable in the colour.

Really like this Jake, less is more sometimes and I feel this is one of them. I struggle in amongst the trees and feel I need to include everything.

Really like this. I too missed the bottom of the trees but then who cares, when you first look at the image your just amazed at the mood and colours/tones.

Gaz

I do like these style of shots and yours is lovely. Personally would like more tree and mist but that's me being picky and I'd be happy if this where mine.

It's a tad cold looking, and the letterbox crops feel weird to begin with.

However, when you look at it for a few moments you appreciate the quality of the shot and there is a lot to see. Would look great printed on aluminium I expect.

It's a tad cold looking, and the letterbox crops feel weird to begin with.

However, when you look at it for a few moments you appreciate the quality of the shot and there is a lot to see. Would look great printed on aluminium I expect.
Thanks Craig. Glad it looks cold, was early dawn and it was cold!

Love this shot, there is something very calming and soothing about it [emoji106]

Colours and tone are fantastic.

The crop seems a too tight though.

Cheers,
BK
Thank you. I'm happy with the crop but appreciate your comments.
A Cracking image. The frames works well also.I know some who don't like frames, but works of art are always framed !
Really very nice.
Love this shot, there is something very calming and soothing about it [emoji106]
Thanks!

Back