Tricolor Heron and Roseate Spoonbill

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
During one of my wanders along Tigertail Beach (SW Florida), I found a juvenile Roseate Spoonbill sharing a tree-root perch with a very handsome Tricolor Heron on the lagoon side of the spit. To get the light on my back necessitated a wade out into the lagoon and 30 min's with the mozzies:

2R4C5810 by Whyone, on Flickr

2R4C5807 by Whyone, on Flickr

A few more picture of these two, plus some other spoonbills - there were more in the lagoon this year than I have seen previously, and there was a chap from the Audubon Society on the beach most mornings monitoring them.

2R4C5823 by Whyone, on Flickr

2R4C5847 by Whyone, on Flickr

2R4C5037 by Whyone, on Flickr

2R4C4207 by Whyone, on Flickr

2R4C4217 by Whyone, on Flickr

As ever, C&C most welcome.
:)

good shots Ian in interesting light

well done
Thank you Bill and John.

The light is indeed unusual - most of the above were taken within 30 mins of sunrise and the light is very orangey-yellow.

Thank's very much Gareth.

I think Florida - especially the SW / 10,000 islands / Everglades areas are tremendous destinations for a family holiday, whilst giving some great opportunities to observe and photograph wildlife. Mention Florida and most people think ''Orlando" - there is a lot more to the State than the theme parks.

The preening image is the stand out shot for me, nicely composed with the bill running through the diagonal, and the reflection is a not too bad either.

Back