Tried something a little different. Your thoughts please ...

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure which of these I like best :shrug:

Thanks in advance (y)

Jo
xxx

Nice shots, they are different so not sure that one is better than the other. I prefer the second though, seems to be more visually stimulating.

I like them both a lot Jo. In the first shot, the edge of the shadow falling on the lower leaf mars it a little, but that's small potatoes really. Well done! (y)

I like them both a lot Jo. In the first shot, the edge of the shadow falling on the lower leaf mars it a little, but that's small potatoes really. Well done! (y)

I like them both too Jo, and hadn't noticed that shadow at first.

First : Tones are much better and punchier, and also has better clarity and the caterpillar stands out more because it's bigger in the frame.

Second : Tones are duller than the first, so less clarity and punch for me, and the caterpillar seems lost in the shot, and is more incidental rather than a focal point.

However, compositionally I think the second shot pips the post, as the first seems a bit too balanced to the left.

Thanks guys :)

CT & Marcel I see what you mean on all points, thanks for taking the time to comment. I will have another look through the shots I took to see if there is something that fixes all, IYKWIM?

BTW I forgot to mention that the first one is HDR :embarrassed:

I really like both so it's hard to say which I prefer but i'll go with the 2nd because it has a more natural look to it.

Thanks guys :)

CT & Marcel I see what you mean on all points, thanks for taking the time to comment. I will have another look through the shots I took to see if there is something that fixes all, IYKWIM?

BTW I forgot to mention that the first one is HDR :embarrassed:
I wouldnt take my comments to heart too much Jo. I'm actually trying quite hard to be picky about them, which is hard because they are infact rather damn good! :D

Very well thought out and creative. I like them both but I think No1 just has the edge. Mind you, if you applied the same HDR treatment to No2 I think it would be a stunner :)

I wouldnt take my comments to heart too much Jo. I'm actually trying quite hard to be picky about them, which is hard because they are infact rather damn good! :D

Oh, I wasn't taking anything to heart Marcel, you both had very valid points ;) It's always good to receive some CC.

they are really something! No 2 for me! a real stunner!

Lovely Jo (y)
I prefer the 1st shot though I find it just ever so slightly too contrasty on my monitor.

These kind of images really appeal to me and Ive recently been collecting a few rotting leaves to try something silmilar against a white backdrop, except I plan to go the opposite way and fade the colour out.
If I get results anywhere near as good as yours ... Ill be a happy bunny! :)

:embarrassed: Thank you everyone ... really, I had no idea they would go down so well. Maybe I am my own worst critic. Half the stuff I do, I don't even bother uploading as I feel so unsure of them. Maybe I should relax a bit more.

Again, thank you :)

Maybe we should start a group called Scaredy Cats United :LOL:

Hehe.....

GET THEM UPLOADED!

Sorry to shout, but thats an order :D

Caterpillar adds colour but looks out of place. In fact it looks like he is on his way out of there :)

Could easily see those on a wall as poster prints.

They look quite clinical and the white is quite harsh in #1, I like the vignetting in #2.

I like the first one, but feel it's a smidge over saturated (maybe too contrasty as also mentioned). If the colours were the same as the second image it may be better, for my tastes.

Back