Tropical reptiles and amphibians

Name
kurt
Edit My Images
No
Up close with a Hagen's Pit Viper (Trimeresurus hageni). Malaysia.
Trimeresurus hageni IMG_8120 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Good looking and cooperative male (?) Bell's Angle-head lizard (Gonocephalus bellii) posing for me at night. Malaysia.
Gonocephalus bellii IMG_8063 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Out of focus :( Lovely lil snake. Young Mueller's Blind Snake (Argyrophis muelleri). ID credit: Law Ing Sind and Evan Quah. Selangor, Malaysia.
Argyrophis muelleri IMG_8047 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Beautiful green crested lizard, Bronchocela cristatella. Malaysia.
Bronchocela cristatella IMG_7986 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Back off or I'll bite! (Or spit fire!)
Cat Gecko (Aeluroscalabotes felinus) showing her fierce side. She just lost her tail and was in the process of growing a new one. Malaysia.
Aeluroscalabotes felinus IMG_7968 merged copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Starry eyes of the Cat Gecko (Aeluroscalabotes felinus). Malaysia.
Aeluroscalabotes felinus IMG_7807a copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Malayan Horned Frog (Megophrys nasuta). Night herping, Selangor, Malaysia.
Megophrys nasuta IMG_7874a copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Say Hi to this handsome Wallace's Flying Frog (Rhacophorus nigropalmatus). Malaysia.
Rhacophorus nigropalmatus IMG_7903a copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

More http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2012/12/tropical-reptiles-amphibians.html

Superb set of images there Kurt, the last one is stunning and my favourite.(y)

Once again an "Excellent" set of images Kurt.(y)

"I'm actually in your lovely country at the moment working at the grand prix and really enjoying it (apart from the horrendous rain).

George.

Last edited:
Superb set of images there Kurt, the last one is stunning and my favourite.(y)

Thank you, Steve.

Brilliant creatures and so sharp!

Paul.

Thanks, Paul.

First and last images are superb, Kurt.

Thank you, Philip.

Excellent work
James

Thank you, James.

That cat gecko gives a totally new look to geckos for me. Normally they look so cute, but that mouth etc make it look like a baby dinosaur.

Thanks, Chris. That cat gecko was actually very shy, not aggressive at all.

Once again an "Excellent" set of images Kurt.(y)

"I'm actually in your lovely country at the moment working at the grand prix and really enjoying it (apart from the horrendous rain).

George.

Thank you, George. You're in Sepang? Cool. Well, if you're in KL, we can go for night macro.

Su bloodly perb.

Thank you, Top Caat.

Great set Kurt

Thanks, Suzbah.

Great Kurt, my favourite is the cat gecko, even though he seems to be having a very bad day! :)

I wonder if they have a tendency to be more aggressive having just lost a tail. Obviously if they no longer have their first line of defence and new tactic may be required!

Last edited:
As good as always :)

Thanks, Paul.

Great Kurt, my favourite is the cat gecko, even though he seems to be having a very bad day! :)

I wonder if they have a tendency to be more aggressive having just lost a tail. Obviously if they no longer have their first line of defence and new tactic may be required!

Thanks, Timmy. That's a very typical cat gecko defensive pose. They'll bite but it's not painful at all :p.

Super set Kurt... I dont know whats going on missing threads here and there at the moment though this is not down as unreplied :confused:

Superb set Kurt I agree with Steve the last frog pic is especially good perfect angle and pose:)

Back