Tropical World Photo shoot

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few from my visit yesterday, i am new to photography and wanted something to take pictures of whilst i played with some of the settings. please do critique them as any pointers are very welcome.

Thanks

Funny you should post these Chris as I am off work this week and was thinking of paying a visit. I am assuming it is the one in Leeds?. Anyway the first two are OK but be weary of your backgrounds try getting lower to remove the dishes in the background. Try and use an aperture of at least F8 and up the ISO if needed.

I love the 3rd shot nicely exposed just a shame it was facing the right way. The two waterfall shots are nice just the right amount of blur. The last one is very nice just crop of the person on the right hand side, be careful of objects on the edge of the frame.

Overall some good results and time well spent there. What is the refurbishment like there now.?

Hi Steve, yes it was the one in Leeds, its worth a visit but if I'm honest i wouldn't travel miles for it. i can't say i noticed a difference after the refurb?

Thanks for the advice on my pics, i think the one of the frog is my favourite, i did get a shot of it facing me but there was too much reflection on the shot and when i went to the another it turned around.

It wasn't the best being there on a Saturday as it was very busy so your kind of pushed to keep moving and i would of liked a lot more time spent on each shot. I'll bear it in my about using the f dot and the iso, i had not considered this and went with the lowest f dot as the lighting isn't great in there.

What are the benefit of my going to f8 and upping the Iso over me leaving the Iso and using an F4 or F5.6?

Thank you.

What are the benefit of my going to f8 and upping the Iso over me leaving the Iso and using an F4 or F5.6?

You would get better depth of field and keep the shutter speed high enough to avoid camera shake. But both ways would make sense.(y)

Ah that makes sense, i will try that later, did you manage to get there yourself Steve?

Back