Lightroom 6.14, the following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destinat

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Why is LR 6.12 importing only a few files at a time when I import files and not all together from my Canon 5D Mark IV?

import.jpg

Might have to upgrade to Lr 6.7 or use DNG converter.

Dodgy card or card reader.

Nope. Just bought an CF card and it does the same on the SDHC card I've had in my 450D.

It's something to do with permissions on the folders. I've already messed about with them once and got them working, but it's just started to act weird only today (Got the camera on Monday)

Last edited:
I had the impression you meant it read a few, then failed, then next time it would read some more, then fail.. but that's just the way I read it.

I don't think the camera applies any permissions so format it in the camera not the PC.

I have 6.12
My bad. Read your original post as Lr 6.1.2, thought 6.7 was the last update and didn't realise there was a 6.12

I hope you get it sorted.

I had the impression you meant it read a few, then failed, then next time it would read some more, then fail.. but that's just the way I read it.

I don't think the camera applies any permissions so format it in the camera not the PC.

I format the cards in the camera

Then I'm back to suggesting a dodgy card reader or USB bus. I've had this even with files on my NAS, lightroom is sensitive to timing and gives up way too soon if it encounters a delay.

It's sorted now

What did you do to fix the problem?

Had a long day. I reset Windows. Backed up files yesterday. Reset PC today, found out I lost the folders in My Documents. Thought I lost all of this years images, but all the RAW files remained on external hard drive, but they need processing again, which I cannot be bothered doing.

Took some random photos. Uploaded them with no problems so far, touch wood.

Had a long day. I reset Windows. Backed up files yesterday. Reset PC today, found out I lost the folders in My Documents. Thought I lost all of this years images, but all the RAW files remained on external hard drive, but they need processing again, which I cannot be bothered doing.

Took some random photos. Uploaded them with no problems so far, touch wood.
Does sound like a long day!

Back to square one again. Just takes too long in clicking Import over and over again until all the images are imported in Lightroom. It's going to get annoying as hell and I have no idea whatsover on how to fix the problem.

Back to square one again. Just takes too long in clicking Import over and over again until all the images are imported in Lightroom. It's going to get annoying as hell and I have no idea whatsover on how to fix the problem.
Try plugging the camera in direct, use it as a card reader.

My point, repeatedly, has been to suggest that you have a marginal USB bus issue that only shows up under heavy load. Thus far you had dismissed my points, but you still haven't solved your problem. So I suggested plugging the camera itself directly into the pc via its USB port instead of taking the card out and putting it in your card reader.

I use the USB cable not the internal card reader. Anyway it seems to be working for the moment, or at least it did on Friday when I returned with some images. All 77 images successfully imported with no hiccups.

Still have problems with it.

My point, repeatedly, has been to suggest that you have a marginal USB bus issue that only shows up under heavy load. Thus far you had dismissed my points, but you still haven't solved your problem. So I suggested plugging the camera itself directly into the pc via its USB port instead of taking the card out and putting it in your card reader.

I don't use a card reader, I use the cable every single time

cable to card reader ?
I have had this problem sometimes it works sometimes it does not if I move the card slightly when not working it starts working so it could be your card reader.

Still have problems with it.
Are you still having problems after a year from the first post? :eek: :thinking:

If you are, then the questions I would ask are;
1. Has it always done this, or was it something that started with a new camera or new computer?
2. Does it do the same thing transferring images via camera and card reader?
3. If you download the images into the computer via camera or card reader straight into the computer and then import the files into Lightroom do you still get some files that LR can't import?
4. What are your PC specs, specifically RAM, Processor and whether you use the same internal HD for program files, catalogue and images.

Not saying I know the answer but the more information the better in trying to sort it.

1. Always done it on this camera. This is the first PC I have every owned. Upgraded GPU 2 weeks ago because previous one died.
2. Same problem via cable and card reader. I've tried the 3.0 USB and normal, again same problem
3. Don't know never tried
4. Intel i5-4670, 8GB RAM........Not looking to upgrade.

Searched the internet when I first had the problem. Found out its to do with permissions - last time I messed around with them, it fcked my PC up, so I refuse to mess around with them ever again

cable to card reader ?
I have had this problem sometimes it works sometimes it does not if I move the card slightly when not working it starts working so it could be your card reader.

Cable to camera.....The card reader is in the pc tower

If I uncheck the Read only check box and view the properties again, it reverts back to being checked.

Seriously unsure what to do.

Attachments

• perm.jpg
    perm.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My bad. Read your original post as Lr 6.1.2, thought 6.7 was the last update and didn't realise there was a 6.12

6.14 is the final version of the standalone Lightroom 6
Upgraded mine via the usual method on LR drop down menu, but believe its only available now from the Adobe website

Last edited:
Sorted (for now) (this time) (probably fail again the next time I import images through LR)

Tried a different USB hub, and it worked. Always have my xbox controller plugged into it.

Also tried just using the card reader, but it kept disconnecting all the frikking time.

Back