Troutbeck yesterday

Hmmm... After shooting a roll of that recently, I was really surprised by how much I loved it. Very nice image Chris - though I'd probably lose that wall in the foreground. It's just too close for me. Lose it and you've got that dark patch sweeping in and then off to the right to lead the eye in. (Totally agree that if you're going to lug a ton of gear up a hill, you'd better not crop anything out though :))

I think when I pack the Tomiyama and the RB67 it gets up to about that weight, so I feel for you. Makes the photos that much more special - knowing you almost broke your back to get them :)

(y)

Hmmm... After shooting a roll of that recently, I was really surprised by how much I loved it. Very nice image Chris - though I'd probably lose that wall in the foreground. It's just too close for me. Lose it and you've got that dark patch sweeping in and then off to the right to lead the eye in. (Totally agree that if you're going to lug a ton of gear up a hill, you'd better not crop anything out though :))

I think when I pack the Tomiyama and the RB67 it gets up to about that weight, so I feel for you. Makes the photos that much more special - knowing you almost broke your back to get them :)

(y)
I thought the wall might be a bit Marmite, cropping it would put the horizon a bit more central and I quite like the context it provides but I take your point.

Cracking shot as it is imo. Well done Chris!

I love it Chris - any filters used?

I have tried 'cropping the wall completely out but prefer your viewpoint TBH. Half cropped out is close though.

Great capture :)

I wish I could get up the hills and take landscapes like this but health does not allow it :-(

Last edited:
I love it Chris - any filters used?

I have tried 'cropping the wall completely out but prefer your viewpoint TBH. Half cropped out is close though.

Great capture :)

I wish I could get up the hills and take landscapes like this but health does not allow it :-(
Thanks Fraser, no filters, I don't have any that would fit that lens so never really gave it a thought.

Kudos for trekking that weight for that distance Chris, but surely all worth it when you get a result as fine as this one. And presumably self-processed and scanned as well! (y)

Back