Truro Cathedral

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
I took this last week, and have sat on it for a few days before again trying out the 'Exposure Blending' mode in Lightroom 6 (I refuse to call it HDR!) which I think again has created a very nice natural file which has plenty of scope to work with out needing to resort to the old fashioned hideously tone mapped HDRs.

Truro Cathedral
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

Cheers all who have commented so far.

Great work! I love the symmetry. Out of interest, was this a hand held shot, or tripod?

It was a tripod, I had it as low as it could go and used the D750's articulate screen to frame the shot. Then about 5 minutes of nudging the tripod in every direction just a little bit, so I could get it all central!

Excellent, I have taken similar and the tripod do get a kicking!

Very nice image Stu, and the PP works very well.(y)

George.

Stunning! Symmetry 100% spot on. So much it look like you have copy and pasted half of the image. Great volumes and shapes. Would do a very nice postcard, i'm sure it would sell well!

Very nice image Stu, and the PP works very well.(y)

George.
Cheers George. I am quite the fan of the new function in Lightroom 6!

Stunning! Symmetry 100% spot on. So much it look like you have copy and pasted half of the image. Great volumes and shapes. Would do a very nice postcard, i'm sure it would sell well!

This has got me thinking... Cheers!

(Oh, PS. It's not a copy/pasted flip image! ;))

PP is excellent - I don't think anyone would recognise it as "HDR" and as you say "Exposure Blending" is a much nicer effect.

I've held off updating to LR6 (currently on 5.7) but seeing this makes me reconsider.

Nice shot, and snap!

8063729852_c1af599b60_b.jpg

8063730717_a5d95842b0_b.jpg

PP is excellent - I don't think anyone would recognise it as "HDR" and as you say "Exposure Blending" is a much nicer effect.

I've held off updating to LR6 (currently on 5.7) but seeing this makes me reconsider.
Cheers Brian. I was very sceptical on the 'HDR' mode but I saw some uploads from another landscape photographer and I was immediately wrong! A very handy function.

best i have seen of this interior

Back