Critique Tryfan critique

Name
Gerwyn Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
Tryfan

Being relatively new to photography with a proper camera (bought a Nikon Z6 a year ago)

I'd love some critique and some advice on landscape photography.

Hopefully what you can see is Tryfan's east face, comment below if you can't see it as I've had some struggles trying to upload my photographs from Flickr.

My main struggle is always wether or not I should have all of the frame in focus or have a foreground blur.

Thanks

No image, in Flickr click the Share icon, choose the BB Code tab and then copy and paste all of the link from the box into your post on here

Last edited:
Of
Tryfan

Being relatively new to photography with a proper camera (bought a Nikon Z6 a year ago)

I'd love some critique and some advice on landscape photography.

Hopefully what you can see is Tryfan's east face, comment below if you can't see it as I've had some struggles trying to upload my photographs from Flickr.

My main struggle is always wether or not I should have all of the frame in focus or have a foreground blur.

Thanks
Often, but not always, landscape photographers aim to get everything in focus. I would say as long as the background is either sharp, or clearly and intentionally out of focus then it’s up to your artistic discretion. If the background is nearly sharp, but not quite, it will just look like you’ve missed focus.

Annwyl Gerwyn - if you live near or want to photograph in Eryri, and would like some inspiration and landscape photos to study, you could acquire Nick Livesey's book Photographing The Snowdonia Mountains: A photo-location and hill walking guidebook. It might still be possible to buy it direct from Café Siabod in Capel. not sure how they're functioning with Covid-19. Hwyl, John

To post images from Flickr:

1) upload to flickr
2) click the "share photo" button (the arrow at the bottom right of the photo
3) go to the BBCode tab
4) select a display resolution e.g. large
5) copy the BBCode
6) paste the BBCode as is into a forum message

This is not the page you’re looking for.

2020-08-23T17:19:03Z-e0a09281@server

It appears you don’t have permission to view this photo or video.
Here are some other photos from Gerwyn Jones instead:

Back