Trying out my new lens... usual subject (Albie)

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
My beloved Nikon 70-300mm bit the dust while we were at the zoo late last year and I've been looking for a second hand replacement ever since. Well last week I got bored of waiting for a good quality second hand one to appear and took myself to Jessops and bagged a brand new one. This is very exciting for me - I've only ever had one brand new lens and that was only a 35mm prime!

Anyway... took it out in the garden this afternoon to have a play. I did also spend a lot of time pratting about with the AF fine tuning as well but tbh I am still none the wiser about what setting I should have it on. These were at a value of -5 but when I used the focus charts that didn't seem right. I had to give it up in the end as was seeing no difference in the values. Think I'll have to come back to that another day.

C&C welcome - of course my favourite muse (Albie Cat) was who I turned the lens towards first... to be fair there were limited subjects to choose from in our back garden!

DSC_7317 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_7318 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_7339 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

You seem to have done the best with
the new lens and your your model! (y)

Those pictures of your favourite model are excellent for focus (eyes) and fur detail.
I think you have a hit with this lens.
You've got me looking at my camera lens bag now.... must resist ... must resist.

Back