Trying out the Canon 500D

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quick (& boring) shot of a Tag Heuer watch to check out the quality / abilities of this close up lens - For someone who will probably only want an occasional macro shot it seems pretty capable (?) Paul ;)

tag_senna_800.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. (y) Supplementary close up lenses make a lot of sense if you're only going to do a bit of macro, you can get excellent results and they're a sensible alternative to spending loads of dosh.

Looks pretty sharp to me (y) Aren't watch photos always supposed to be taken with the hands at ten to two though :thinking: ;) :p

Looks good to me too Paul. I'm glad that you like it!.

Looks pretty sharp to me (y) Aren't watch photos always supposed to be taken with the hands at ten to two though :thinking: ;) :p

You extractin' the urine Paul or is this some sort of Berkshire joke us Surrey types don't get :LOL:

Nice way to rub it in Paul !!!

Looks good

Sorry 'bout that! Good job it was quiet at work or you'd 've got in first :nono: - Just got a quote off Kerso for a new one £75 & £5 p&p if you still fancy one ...

Paul ;)

Oh, it's a lens. I thought it's the next up from the 400D body. :LOL:

You extractin' the urine Paul or is this some sort of Berkshire joke us Surrey types don't get :LOL:

lol what I meant was ten past ten :bang: God knows why I typed ten to two :wacky: But seriously, look at pretty much any watch advert and the hands are always at ten past ten. Have a look here ;)

lol what I meant was ten past ten :bang: God knows why I typed ten to two :wacky: But seriously, look at pretty much any watch advert and the hands are always at ten past ten. Have a look here ;)

:thinking:

That is a bit bizarre.

I always knew you'd taken up the wrong hobby!!!! Whats the name of the engine of the 1412 from Reading to Paddington? :D :LOL: :D :LOL:

And paul - you need to have a word with the chappie that sold you that "Tag" on the beach :D

:thinking:

That is a bit bizarre.

Watches at 10 past 10 are supposed to be conveying a "happy" face!

And I didn't even know there was a train that left Paddignton.... :)

Looks pretty sharp to me (y) Aren't watch photos always supposed to be taken with the hands at ten to two though

But then you wouldn't see the TH logo ... :naughty: ... and all the sub-dials should be straight up too shouldn't they ... :cautious:

:LOL: ... like they are on even this one you mean ...
kuku.gif

AND ... thought you were an :nikon: Boy through 'n through ... Paul

BTB ... pic is nice 'n sharp though m8 ... ;)

:p

I always knew you'd taken up the wrong hobby!!!! Whats the name of the engine of the 1412 from Reading to Paddington? :D :LOL: :D :LOL:

I bet he knows ..... :LOL:

lol :LOL: Not sure on that one Jon, but I do know that the London to Liverpool express is called the Virgin Invader :p

lol :LOL: Not sure on that one Jon, but I do know that the London to Liverpool express is called the Virgin Invader :p

Not something we could accuse our Arkady of being ;):D :LOL:

:LOL: lol at Ven :D

Nothing wrong with that. (y) Supplementary close up lenses make a lot of sense if you're only going to do a bit of macro, you can get excellent results and they're a sensible alternative to spending loads of dosh.

I agree, this is what I started with and it stays in my bag, there are some days you just cannot carry a macro lens and this makes a great, lightweight alternative.

Paul,
Which lens did you use for the watch.
What, if any, other lens or lenses do you use your 500D with.
I've got one and have been quite pleased with the results with my 70-200.
I will probably get a 105mm at some time. I know this is a macro lens in its own right but I'm wondering what effect adding the 500D to one of these would be.

Paul,
Which lens did you use for the watch.
What, if any, other lens or lenses do you use your 500D with.
I've got one and have been quite pleased with the results with my 70-200.
I will probably get a 105mm at some time. I know this is a macro lens in its own right but I'm wondering what effect adding the 500D to one of these would be.

Hi Skypilot - The lens for this shot was my Tamron 17-50 - The plan was to use the 500D with it and my 70-300mm (whichever was best for the subject) but I haven't used it with that lens yet! - That sort of justifies having the 500D for me as a dedicated macro lens would be wasted on me as I only want/need to do macro on a rare occasion - HTH ... Paul ;)

Back