Trying to find a Dada/Surrealsit book. Help?

Edit My Images
No
When I was at college... 10 years ago, gulp... there was a great book that I remember as being by a photographer, it mainly contained excerpts from a diary/scrapbook. I think it was an artist in the surrealism/dadaism movements but I might be wrong. I've been trying to remember to the artist and find the book but I'm coming up blank. Anyone happen to have a clue what I'm on about or am I going mad?

Mods if you think there is a better forum for this then please let me know. Thanks.

Never quite got into dada, didn't really understand that part of my course.
Photographers mentioned were man ray, marchel Duchamp, Andre Breton, Hugo ball and of course Salvador Dali.
Any reminders?

Edwin Morgan?

4545010659_fafd0cc570_b.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Not got the right one yet. will see if I can dig out any more info.

Im thinking of Walker Evans or Man Ray, explored this a bit in college... was all a bit weird. I have some photo books upstairs, might go and root :)

Philippe Halsman was a pretty crazy cat and did a lot of (now) famous images.

Again cheers for all the suggestions. I'm starting to think the dada side might have been wrong. I think it was a later time then when this movement was current. The author Artist was much older in the book. Guess I don't really have enough info to find this.

What about donovan wylie scrapbook?

I had it on my to buy list but missed it until it got too expensive to buy...

Last edited by a moderator:
What about donovan wylie scrapbook?

I had it on my to buy list but missed it until it got too expensive to buy...

That's very close to the type of book but it was a different artist. Thinking it was someone from mainland Europe.

Back