Trying to get back in the swing of things.....more pics added

Shaheed,

Your images + studio talents shown above are fantastic, they're proper magazine stuff, exceptional photography my friend! You should (excuse the pun) focus on this personal imagery and you'll make a big name for yourself and money also. You've an excellent theme and trade mark to be honest!!

Love your photographic style.

Wicked

:)

Pete

Well I'm blushing a bit!! Too kind!

I do enjoy the portraits a lot but up until now have only really taken pics of the kids. Slowly but surely more people are responding to requests for volunteers to have their portrait taken!

Not sure I'll ever make money from it to be honest. I'm happy as a hobbyist trying to create some decent images. If people also enjoy looking at them too then that's also good for me!

There are many more talented photographers than me on this forum alone let alone out there in the big bad world! Just look at the output and consistency of @sunnysideup (Bethy), @gazmorton2000 and @manda to name but just a couple. If I had started 20 years ago and knew what I do now photographically then maybe I'd have given it a go professionally!! I guess I'll just continue in my less important job which I enjoy immensely!

That does sound like a challenge. My way of thinking, rightly or wrongly, is hard light sources for harder subjects and vice versa. Invariably that would mean male subjects and I'm a bit limited on those in our household.

Doing a course in Sunday so hoping to broaden my horizons.

Space is the biggest dilemma along with subjects at home. Love my paper rolls and now have 4 half roll options and two 2m rolls that I have cut down to squeeze into the living room. Shadow grey is def my fave it's a bit more classy looking.
So, how was the course? Great thread with lots of discussion.

Well I'm blushing a bit!! Too kind!

I do enjoy the portraits a lot but up until now have only really taken pics of the kids. Slowly but surely more people are responding to requests for volunteers to have their portrait taken!

Not sure I'll ever make money from it to be honest. I'm happy as a hobbyist trying to create some decent images. If people also enjoy looking at them too then that's also good for me!

There are many more talented photographers than me on this forum alone let alone out there in the big bad world! Just look at the output and consistency of @sunnysideup (Bethy), @gazmorton2000 and @manda to name but just a couple. If I had started 20 years ago and knew what I do now photographically then maybe I'd have given it a go professionally!! I guess I'll just continue in my less important job which I enjoy immensely!

Awww, behave yourself man. No way could I knock out these that you do! Just caught up with the thread and as usual, they are superb. Really like the ones of your friend especially. Can't wait to see the latest film shots too. :)

Awww, behave yourself man. No way could I knock out these that you do! Just caught up with the thread and as usual, they are superb. Really like the ones of your friend especially. Can't wait to see the latest film shots too. :)

Cheers Gareth!

Still got another shoot lined up but the volunteer has a spot that she doesn't want on camera!!!

Film should be back next week. Nervous about that as I shot a roll out and about which was very different!!

Cheers Gareth!

Still got another shoot lined up but the volunteer has a spot that she doesn't want on camera!!!

Film should be back next week. Nervous about that as I shot a roll out and about which was very different!!

Don't be nervous. What;s the worst that can happen? The world doesn't end if they don't come out, just have to try again. :) (this is the new positive me by the way).

Don't be nervous. What;s the worst that can happen? The world doesn't end if they don't come out, just have to try again. :) (this is the new positive me by the way).

Ooh I know. I just have a lot of expectation!! But you are right. Just need to buy more film if it goes wrong[emoji106]

I've just been shooting generic, boring stuff for a while. Nothing new to share really. :(

I did his natural light one a couple of years ago and it's was fascinating. I'm curious about his studio one. His photos are wonderful and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.

So gutted, wasn't well and so had to make the call on a 3 hr drive. Will rebook asap, prob do the one next month.

Hiya.

Great set really like the the lighting change. Very nice of you to explain what was going through your mind when setting the images up ! Helps everyone a great deal (well me anyway) !!!

Gaz

Last edited:
Hiya.

Great set really like the the lighting change. Very nice of you to explain what was going through your mind when setting the images up ! Helps everyone a great deal (well me anyway) !!!

Gaz

Cheers Gaz

I've learnt a lot from this site from people sharing and I like to do the same!!

S

Back