Tulip Field in Norfolk

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
Made the horrendously long drive to Norfolk yesterday on a whim, to shoot the below tulip field. Some of them had already been picked during the week but what was left still looked great. The sky broke up nicely before sunset but, alas, didn't deliver a sunset.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rf4Go8]
http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/rf4Go...ople/25366146@N08/]Stu Meech[/url], on FlickrTulip Field by Stu Meech, on Flickr[/URL]

STU_0145-2.jpg

STU_0151.jpg

There 3 great images but don't like the colour of the 2nd but that is my opinion but still great images

There 3 great images but don't like the colour of the 2nd but that is my opinion but still great images
I have no 2 without the 'lens flare' type backlight, as yet I am undecided to what I prefer.

Like those Stu, quite like the light from the left in 2. Shame about the sunset though thats a long way from Stratford

I like them Stu, with no.1 being the strongest, composition wise.mWhere in Norfolk did you go to see these?

I like them Stu, with no.1 being the strongest, composition wise.mWhere in Norfolk did you go to see these?
A village called East Winch, if you're planning a visit I'd be really quick as most of the field had been picked before I got there on Friday.

Excellent set.

We drove passed there on the way to Norwich yesterday. Nearly stopped but was on a 'mission' and didn't have time. There was a time when fields around Spalding were all like this.... now it's only daffodils. Actually, the area is still known as Little Holland. Sorry, I digress.

First image for me! I went to Norwich last Friday, too bad I just saw this one when I got home. Do you think the tulip field is still there? Reading from your post that some of the tulips have been already picked.

First image for me! I went to Norwich last Friday, too bad I just saw this one when I got home. Do you think the tulip field is still there? Reading from your post that some of the tulips have been already picked.
If you are nearby you could go for a look, but I was told by a local photographer most had been picked in the day or two before I got there so not sure.

If you are nearby you could go for a look, but I was told by a local photographer most had been picked in the day or two before I got there so not sure.

Thanks, the location is around 2 hours from me, not that near.

I think shots like this need to have the beds going straight like in two. I really like two, processing and all, but feel with the others the beds cutting diagonal disrupt the frame rather than lead you in.
Yes I do agree to a point, the problem with this field was a lot of the tulips had been picked so using a 'straight line' composition highlighted how empty the field was and also didn't lead the composition to anything on the horizon other than dull trees.

No expert but I do like 3 the most however I can see what is meant about the lines as there is one horizontal one that does cut straight across the frame, I would still be happy though :)

Back