Critique Tulips

Edit My Images
Yes
Tulips.jpg

Was the picture intended to have the 'arty' look?
If no, then I'm sorry it's back to basics.
If yes, then IMVHO it doesn't work.

A group of 3 usually work better and something ought to be in focus I feel.

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Yes, it was kinda a high key photo, and I wasn't sure if it worked or not. Some days I kind of like it, some days it's far too much.

The inside of the top flower should be in focus, I believe, unless I just can't tell it isn't? Or do you mean compositional focus? With regards to three flowers, I don't think my wife would have approved of pulling up a flower for a photo, and I think I like the reverse C shape.

How should I have attacked this instead, bearing in mind the ground below is a bit messy and all around it isn't very attractive either being in the corner of our garden? Maybe I should have just wandered into proper nature and taken photos :)

And yes, I am sort of new to this, I have been photographing on-and-off throughout my life, but I'm trying to improve and experiment more. Still learning when I have time.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with learning mate.
I would have approached it from a different angle and maybe at a different time of day when it's less contrasty.
Less flowers definately and less cluttered background maybe
If you are new to this I'd simply learn the basics then try the fancy stuff later.

Thanks for your advice. I've been trying the basics for a long time and don't I get anything very interesting. Maybe I just don't have an eye for it.

Back