Tundra

Name
Will
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this shot up near the Langjokull Glacier. We went out on a two day ski-doo expedition and stayed in the hut you can see in the centre of the pic. Its surrouded by thermal vents as you can see in this shot. There is also a natural hot pool by the hut which we soaked in and drank beers and ran about naked in the frozen tundra, haha. The most remote place I've ever been. Amazing place and ski-doos are fun even though everytime I went up a slope I felt like I was gonna roll the thing.

View attachment 44650

Last edited:
Almost looks like a different planet.

Looks awesome

I wasn't a fan of the ski doo - we ended up in some snow with ski doo on top of us (I wasn't driving) so as a result I drove about 1mph on the way back. Would only go on again if expert driving me :) give me roller coasters, skydives and bungees, but not ski doos, ha.

Hard to imagine what this must be like as I almost feel that I should be able to hear the steam being given off!. I think the conversion might stand a tweak in contrast, but that's only a personal thing.

I enjoyed the ski do on the flat but yes I also rolled mine once and nearly ended up with it on top of me and after that was very wary every time I was on a slope and turning into or out of it. I'd do it again though.

Peter, Yeah you can hear the steam venting, the water bubbling and the smell of sulphur abound. And away from the vents bitter cold wind blasting. Its an amazing landscape to be immersed in.

Jake here you go aka Colour version ;

View attachment 44745

Colour version for me Will, although it could well be the sky that's more attractive this time.

Back