weekly Turbo-G's 2019 52 challenge - COMPLETE!

Superb portrait Grant!
The B&W processing is spot on, and very clever use of DoF....love the way you blurred the background inside and the reflections of the outside too!
It's all about those eyes....focus is 'purrfect' :giggle:.... mesmerising!
Fantastic image, excellent work Grant!(y)

As the owner (servant) of two black cats I like this very much; you've captured a pose that clearly indicates that she's waiting for something and the eyes really stand out well. Good choice to go with B&W as well.
Thank you for the feedback! Love black cats :)

Superb portrait Grant!
The B&W processing is spot on, and very clever use of DoF....love the way you blurred the background inside and the reflections of the outside too!
It's all about those eyes....focus is 'purrfect' :giggle:.... mesmerising!
Fantastic image, excellent work Grant!(y)
Thanks Gareth, it was quite tricky to get focus actually through double glazing, with such a lot of reflection! Fortunately the talent held the pose for a few seconds ;)

Awwww can't resist a kitty pic! Nice one :D

That's superb. Everything about it is spot on, I love the composition and the concentration in the cat's face. Really strong image and the processing is great too.

That's a cool shot Grant. Love the detail in the cat's face, especially the eyes. Nicely done

That's superb. Everything about it is spot on, I love the composition and the concentration in the cat's face. Really strong image and the processing is great too.
Thanks Carl! I weren’t too sure about the framing initially, but it’s grown on me now!

Hi Grant we have a couple of cats who like yours sit in the window cill always waiting for something as you say, very good idea ! Nicely converted to mono

Waiting
A really good portrait of your cat. I like that the eyes aren't looking at the camera and being in black and white the eyes really standout.

Last edited:
You're barking up the right tree there :D

Marvellous!
Fits the theme well, and also works as a juxtaposition....lovely rough textures on the log....smooth bokeh in the background....like it!!
The colours are super too, and you've composed it so well, with the ivy creating a natural frame.
Awesomeness factor: all the way up to eleven!(y)

Lovely detailed and colourful image. The textures in the bark really shine through.

Waiting is very good I really like the composition of it and it’s really draws you in the eyes are great and suits b&w

Rough is a very good take and I think it works very well with the oof greenhouse in the background.

Great shot Grant, lovely detail and I like the DOF used! (y)

Marvellous!
Fits the theme well, and also works as a juxtaposition....lovely rough textures on the log....smooth bokeh in the background....like it!!
The colours are super too, and you've composed it so well, with the ivy creating a natural frame.
Awesomeness factor: all the way up to eleven!(y)
Thanks so much for the feedback!

Waiting is very good I really like the composition of it and it’s really draws you in the eyes are great and suits b&w

Rough is a very good take and I think it works very well with the oof greenhouse in the background.
Thanks Ganton! ...and well identified that it’s a greenhouse in the background!

Week 08 - Object
For this weeks theme, I immediately thought product photography... so I thought I would go for a "travel" feel, with my trusty Fujifilm X100F taking centre stage as my "object" of choice! Not something I usually do, but quite enjoyed collecting a few pieces from around the house, to pull the theme together. Hope it works?

Shot with my Nikon D750, and Nifty Fifty.

Week_08_object_v2_0952 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well set up and taken.

rough - love the colours in this image and it is well framed.

object, that is really nicely done. great composition, use of props and a great all round image. well done.
Thanks for the kind words! I think this one was my most creative so far, as it actually requires some setup!

Hi Grant,

Rough - Lovely shot. Great use of the composition and DoF having that background shot like that, contrasting with the sharp focus on the branch.

Object - It does work well, I think the globe in the background makes an excellent finishing touch and the X100 series cameras are handsome looking things aren't they. Love it. :clap:

Back