weekly Turbo-G's 2019 52 challenge - COMPLETE!

Fantastic work Grant, excellent image!
I love the colours and the composition is spot on.
Great detail in the lens....you placed the focus plane perfectly!
The lighting is also first class too.
The time and effort in setting up this shot is clearly evident....very nicely done!(y)

Really like the colours, lighting and composition! Makes me want to plan a trip somewhere, good work!

Rough
A nice bit of rough bark

Object
Nicely composed and I like the look you've given it.

Stunning image. Nothing I don't like about it. Great staging, great light, great subject matter

Best one of the week for me

Stunning image. Nothing I don't like about it. Great staging, great light, great subject matter

Best one of the week for me
Thank you Ian - really happy with that feedback. It has spurred me on to try more “product” type shots now...

Great image Grant!
I love the sky....so much drama!
And the composition is perfect....the use of the nearest, tallest buildings as framing is inspired.
All the layers work so well to take your eye through the image to the farthest point.
Excellent work indeed, and a perfect fit for the theme!(y)

Nicely done Grant. Loads of wet stuff there for theme, great architecture, clouds very moody - like it

Hi Grant

Catching up with comments from a long way back.

Open, cracking image, well on theme, love the street style peering into the atmospheric pub interior, colours are great.

Distant, I like this one, gives a good impression of distant.

Cold, only the ice makes it on theme, the rest of the image looks 'warm' to me with the sunlight and blue sky, but its a great image.

Waiting, the cat is waiting, lots of details, eyes are very good, nice image.

Rough, looks like you have a big back garden. Image is on theme and OOF background suits it.

Object, Nice collection of stuff with your camera as the object of attention. Nice Image with travel clearing the intended focus.

Wet, Wet River and soon to be wet rain, whats not to like.

Pete

Hi Grant

Catching up with comments from a long way back.

Open, cracking image, well on theme, love the street style peering into the atmospheric pub interior, colours are great.

Distant, I like this one, gives a good impression of distant.

Cold, only the ice makes it on theme, the rest of the image looks 'warm' to me with the sunlight and blue sky, but its a great image.

Waiting, the cat is waiting, lots of details, eyes are very good, nice image.

Rough, looks like you have a big back garden. Image is on theme and OOF background suits it.

Object, Nice collection of stuff with your camera as the object of attention. Nice Image with travel clearing the intended focus.

Wet, Wet River and soon to be wet rain, whats not to like.

Pete
Hi Pete, thanks for taking the time to comment and giving your perspective here!

The FREE shot of the coat is great, very sharp and stands out against the bg.
ENTRANCE … good composition but perhaps a tad too dark where it matters?

Free: Those green eyes are gorgeous.. very nice cat photo
Entrance: agree with Bob needs lightening just slightly to lead you better to the lake.1

Entrance
I'm going to disagree with the others, I think there's enough light and I like where the sunlight is hitting the green gates, posts.

FREE - a great cat picture, especially with the colours of the blanket.
ENTRANCE - I really like it as it is, dark shadows leading to the sunny focal point

That free shot is awesome, I love the separation with the out of focus colours in the blanket at the front and the cat behind. The colours in the cat's eyes are amazing!

Fantastic image for 'free' Grant!
Great pose and the colours details are superb!
The way the colour in her eyes are 'purrfectly' (sorry!) matched with that band of colour just above her left ear is terrific!

I really like your entry for 'entrance' too!
Great details and colours and the composition takes you on a nice little journey through the 'tunnel'!
Ace!(y)

Brilliant, plenty of colour, plenty going on and really nicely lit.

Free - Great colours, framed well and eyes sharp. I might be tempted to crop out more of the right on the image as the colour I think subtracts a little.
Entrance - I want to say its too dark but wouldn't want to lose the lighting as it stands. Maybe a little burning in of the shadows in front of the gate?
Young - Lots of references to young, colours nice works for the theme.

Lovely, colourful and fun image Grant.
Focus is right where it needs to be and it's well exposed too.
For SOOC it's ruddy good!
(y)
Thanks Gareth... must admit I did struggle with this theme - but a visit to see my nephews helped.

Got to love the Fuji processing too.

Back