weekly Turbo-G's 2019 52 challenge - COMPLETE!

Aye I like that :)

Hi Grant,

Above - Shooting through Aircraft windows isn't easy, but you seem to have managed well enough, minimising reflections and works well for teh theme.
Hot - All those people, so many looking at their phones. Only one person seems to have clocked you.
It certainly reflects how the first few hot days of the year bring out the crowds to enjoy it.
Light - That is lovely light you've caught there. Loving the blues and purples.
Crowd - Almost a seaside postcard shot imo. the capture of the waves especially. Nice one.
Decay - I like that. the use of the undergrowth to frame the windows is very well thought out and executed. (y)

Hi Grant,

Above - Shooting through Aircraft windows isn't easy, but you seem to have managed well enough, minimising reflections and works well for teh theme.
Hot - All those people, so many looking at their phones. Only one person seems to have clocked you.
It certainly reflects how the first few hot days of the year bring out the crowds to enjoy it.
Light - That is lovely light you've caught there. Loving the blues and purples.
Crowd - Almost a seaside postcard shot imo. the capture of the waves especially. Nice one.
Decay - I like that. the use of the undergrowth to frame the windows is very well thought out and executed. (y)
Thanks for taking the time to comment - much appreciated :)

Hi Grant

An interesting Image of decay, I like the light and dark of the image which hight lights the decaying bit.

Pete

Well, there's certainly plenty of decay in that image that's for sure. Nice framing and using the bokeh to draw the eye in, well composed and exposure is bang on.

Great image Grant!:clap:
Fantastic natural framing using the foliage in the fore/background....very creative!
The wonderful 'knackeredness' is perfectly captured....though, that window sill needs more than just a lick of paint!:giggle:
Love it!(y)

Really like your shot for Decay Grant, love the framing of the OOF leaves and the light spotlighting the window. Nice one!

Lovely Moggy Grant! Love the bokeh you've produced in the background and the sharpness on the face is great!

Hi Grant,

That is a stunning image for decay. The composition, the light, the colours and the processing - all perfect :clap:

Mavey is a lovely shot too. Nice and sharp, a great pose and lovely bokeh.

Nice bit of decay there Grant. Works well for me. Plenty of detail in the subject matter itself

Lovely moggy. Very pretty and photogenic. Perfect detail on those eyes. And great dof which finishes the image of perfectly

Hi Grant .... you found an excellent location for your choice for Hot, lots of lovely vibrant colour, and the same goes for you choice for Food, both very eye catching images.
A perfect contrast is your peaceful beach and mountains for Crowd ...the two figures on the beach really add to the feeling of isolation, it looks a wonderful beauty spot.
Decay is spot on ... love the light filtering through the leaves.
Snappers choice ... lots of lovely detail in your cat, and such a perfect pose the way you've caught her looking up at you, the bokeh on the left adds a very nice extra touch.

Decay
I like the natural vignetting of the undergrowth. It's a good shot for the theme.

Whole
I had pretty much the same idea as you, but couldn't make it work. Maybe I was trying to be too artistic.

Another nice photo Grant, nice for the theme and works so well. I was tempted to take a picture of an old NASA photo of the world with my hands but just couldn’t get it to work.

Very nice image Grant!(y)
Simple and definitely a good fit for the theme - they look very delicate.
Love the colours and the your use of DoF is spot on - nicely blurred background really draws the eye to the nice sharp details.
Thanks Gareth - must admit I was struggling a bit for the theme!

Week 23 - Squashed
Slightly late submission for this one - I was feeling a bit creatively blocked on this one. Fortunately the wife had a pretty good idea, so naturally she had to be in it!
Fujifilm X-T3. XF 16mm f/1.4
Week_23_Squashed-2443 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Week 24 - Time
Well, it was either going to be a clock, or the sundial in the garden - the sundial won!
Fujifilm X-T3. XF 16mm f/1.4
Week_24_Time-2432 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Squash(ed)
That's a well set up shot. I like how you've got some clothes hanging out of the front. Nice bright colours and your wife squashing the lid down, all in all a good job well done.

Time
A good sundail shot, with a nice shadow.

Hi Grant

Squashed, good interpretation of the theme, nice use of colours against the dark suitcase.

Time, The very shallow Dof for me is not working as the detail of the front part of the sun dial is lost. I'm sure you could have had the detail sharp enough. However the OOF background works really well.

Pete

Squashed works perfectly - nice colour, good concept and a lovely set of nails :)

Time - who doesn't love a sundial, nice dof makes it work well

Great images there Grant!
Squashed: I'll risk another comment on the fab-ness of Mrs Turbo-Gs nails :giggle: - they work very well with the bright, colourful, imaginative image you have presented!
Time: I like this image! Very nice Dof and the OOF areas add a certain mystery. I like the splashes of colour in the background from the blooms.
Nice work Grant!(y)

Hi Grant,

Time - Good to get a nice sunny day. I'm not totally convinced that the DoF needed to be so shallow, did you try any shots at smaller apertures to compare? Dunno, I could be wrong (normally am).

Squash(ed) - Why was the first thing I did to zoom in on her nails? Is it just me? Probably ;)
Mind you, her nails are far better than mine. That shot did make me chuckle and works for the theme. Might be a bit over your luggage allowance though.

Fragile - See this one I do like the shallow DoF. As you took it at f/2 you obviously don't need the f/1.2, so I'll swap my 50mm f/2 with it for you [Add wink here]

Whole - Ooh, interesting, I thought that would have used flash, having that separation between the light globe and the dark background. I like that, very well taken :)

Free Week - Any excuse for a moggy shot and that one is great. Lovely sharp focus even at f/1.6 Can't have been easy with such a quick moving subject.

Grant, late or not squashed is bang on theme. Great colours ! Very similar to my packing !
Time, lucky you with finding some sun over the last few days ! Interesting dof as well quite intriguing.

Hi Grant,

Time - Good to get a nice sunny day. I'm not totally convinced that the DoF needed to be so shallow, did you try any shots at smaller apertures to compare? Dunno, I could be wrong (normally am).

I did want the background to fall off quite dramatically, but obviously it means I have sacrificed bit of the foreground detail.

Squash(ed) - Why was the first thing I did to zoom in on her nails? Is it just me? Probably ;)
Mind you, her nails are far better than mine. That shot did make me chuckle and works for the theme. Might be a bit over your luggage allowance though.

Thanks! Can't take credit for the idea on this one, I just press the buttons ;)

Fragile - See this one I do like the shallow DoF. As you took it at f/2 you obviously don't need the f/1.2, so I'll swap my 50mm f/2 with it for you [Add wink here]
Ha! It's a cracking lens... I don't think I'll be parting with it!

Whole - Ooh, interesting, I thought that would have used flash, having that separation between the light globe and the dark background. I like that, very well taken :)
Thank you, just simple window light for this one, shot in our dining room - which is painted in quite a dark midnight blue, which helped!

Free Week - Any excuse for a moggy shot and that one is great. Lovely sharp focus even at f/1.6 Can't have been easy with such a quick moving subject.
She managed to stand still for a moment to take the snap - you can see her brother lurking behind her shoulder too. Love this lens though :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Thanks for taking the time to comment!
It's taken a while to catch up on my other stuff, so commenting (and posting) has been sporadic of late. Trying to catch up though...
However, 9 days of conventions in July, so upwards of 3000 images to label, tag, sort, edit, post. I'm going to be getting behind again :/

Squashed - great take on the theme, nicely composed, great colours and really nicely lit.
Time - this was something i'd considered (but it wasn't sunny when I could get out with the camera!!). Nicely done indeed, nice use of the shallow DoF.

Back