weekly Turbo-G's 2019 52 challenge - COMPLETE!

Nice interior - I hope you've named it Sally - it's the law :D

Cute kitty - looks just like mine :)

Interior is a really nice shot, lots of detail and the handling of light is great.
Plastic is also really good, the way you've captured the movement of the cat, you can almost see what it's thinking.

Great pair of images there Grant!(y)

Interior: Nice sled! Looks great from inside - tricky to photograph with all that black, but you nailed it!
Plastic: Fab shot indeed, again tricky exposure with all that white in the image, but it looks great. And Milton looks terrific too!

Interior is a really nice shot, lots of detail and the handling of light is great.
Plastic is also really good, the way you've captured the movement of the cat, you can almost see what it's thinking.
Thanks very much - He's definitely trying to eat it I think....!

Loved the cat, the pose and the good depth of field.
Very jealous of the Mustang!
Thanks very much - I was fairly lucky, as I just so happened to be testing out my Nikon > Fuji lens adaptor, and one of my old lenses, and caught him playing in the spare room! Pleased with the moment I caught though.

Great pair of images there Grant!(y)

Interior: Nice sled! Looks great from inside - tricky to photograph with all that black, but you nailed it!
Plastic: Fab shot indeed, again tricky exposure with all that white in the image, but it looks great. And Milton looks terrific too!
Thanks for the kind words - the interior shot was actually fairly hard to compose, because I had to slouch down in the back with camera raised up above head (its very cramped in the back!).

Milton says thanks for the compliment also :)

Plastic
I like it, very crisp and clear. A similar looking car too mine.

Two very nice shots there Grant.
I like the interior shot with it's low key look but the steering wheel at an angle distracts me a bit.
Loving the shot of Milton for plastic. Very nice and sharp and the whites are well controlled.

Bit late posting due to holiday...

Week 34 - Empty
...beach, in Corfu. Quite a hike to get to / from this beach. I took this on the way back up, after ever everyone had cleared off!
Fujifilm X-T3, XF23 f/1.4 (Pano)
Week_34_Empty by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Week 35 - Building
Exploring Corfu old town, lovely old buildings, and quite Venetian in style.
Fujifilm X-T3, XF23 f/1.4
Week_35_Building by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Hi Grant,
  • Building - Love the colours, especially the blue vs the terracotta. Feel that it could do with a little perspective correction.
  • Empty - That's lovely. Great range of colours and the boat in the pool really sets it off. :clap:
  • Plastic - Great cat portrait :) Excellent perspective getting down that low.
  • Interior - Hmm not sure on this. The brightness of hte view out of the windscreen distracts. May have been worth waiting until dark and lighting the interior / low exposure with maybe a couple of bokeh balls of light outside?
  • Life - Nice use of shallow DoF capturing those evil birds.
  • Free Week - Another good use of the shallow DoF, especially capturing the droplets like that. Colour pop through vibrancy rather than selective colour eh? :)
  • Closed - Lovely composition and again, good use og DoF
  • Wide - Great use of the low golden sun to pick out detail in the side and give the photo warmth.
  • Dirty - Agree with the other comments about the good low pov used.
  • Drink - Nice image. I find the phone a little incongruous though and don't see the thinking behind it being in the shot (except to balance the image?)
  • Full - Ah, Podington airfield. As that's at the lights, was the car wheelieing doing the pre launch burnout? Or are they just launching? Nice action caught there though, and slow enough not to be a nightmare to pan with.

Empty
Good pov, it looks delightful.

Building
Great sky and good colours on the buildings.

Hi Grant,
  • Building - Love the colours, especially the blue vs the terracotta. Feel that it could do with a little perspective correction.
  • Empty - That's lovely. Great range of colours and the boat in the pool really sets it off. :clap:
  • Plastic - Great cat portrait :) Excellent perspective getting down that low.
  • Interior - Hmm not sure on this. The brightness of hte view out of the windscreen distracts. May have been worth waiting until dark and lighting the interior / low exposure with maybe a couple of bokeh balls of light outside?
  • Life - Nice use of shallow DoF capturing those evil birds.
  • Free Week - Another good use of the shallow DoF, especially capturing the droplets like that. Colour pop through vibrancy rather than selective colour eh? :)
  • Closed - Lovely composition and again, good use og DoF
  • Wide - Great use of the low golden sun to pick out detail in the side and give the photo warmth.
  • Dirty - Agree with the other comments about the good low pov used.
  • Drink - Nice image. I find the phone a little incongruous though and don't see the thinking behind it being in the shot (except to balance the image?)
  • Full - Ah, Podington airfield. As that's at the lights, was the car wheelieing doing the pre launch burnout? Or are they just launching? Nice action caught there though, and slow enough not to be a nightmare to pan with.
Many thanks for taking the time to comment - wow!

Specifically re "full" this was at launch, so as soon as the lights changed! Crazy....

Quite a bit of catch up this week... what with work, travel and home stuff - I've gotten quite behind in my shooting and editing.

Week 36 - Soft (focus)
Week_36_Soft-3337 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Week 37 - Old
Week_37_Old-4542 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Week 38 - Flowers
Week_38_Flower-4951 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Week 39 - Dull
Week_39_Dull-4687 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Week 40 - Free (+ Tech)
...Well a sort of light trail in a reflection.... Does that count?!
Week_40_Free+Tech-4838 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Week 41 - Near
Week_41_near-4023 by Grant Archer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Grant,
  • Soft (focus) - Nice bit of bokeh there :)
  • Old - That is one interesting looking church / chapel etc. My image comment would be I would want to try to get rid of the tombstoning, but the posted shot is too tight do do it (whether the original is cropped or not I don't know).
  • Flowers - Love that display, it struck me as fireworks initially (y)
  • Dull - A dull day, but certainly not a dull theme. Excellent, I really like that one. Could do with printing and putting on your wall perhaps.
  • Free - Love the colour you've caught/kept and the warmth of the light in the lighthouse itself. Nice.
  • Near - Hitchcock eat your heart out!!!!

Hi Grant,
  • Soft (focus) - Nice bit of bokeh there :)
  • Old - That is one interesting looking church / chapel etc. My image comment would be I would want to try to get rid of the tombstoning, but the posted shot is too tight do do it (whether the original is cropped or not I don't know).
  • Flowers - Love that display, it struck me as fireworks initially (y)
  • Dull - A dull day, but certainly not a dull theme. Excellent, I really like that one. Could do with printing and putting on your wall perhaps.
  • Free - Love the colour you've caught/kept and the warmth of the light in the lighthouse itself. Nice.
  • Near - Hitchcock eat your heart out!!!!
Thanks for taking the time to comment again.

With ‘old’ it’s uncropped, it didn’t occur to me to try correct it as it was so wonky! Will perhaps take a look and see what difference it makes though.
Thanks again!

Thanks for taking the time to comment again.

With ‘old’ it’s uncropped, it didn’t occur to me to try correct it as it was so wonky! Will perhaps take a look and see what difference it makes though.
Thanks again!
Ah, as i's uncropped, I'd leave it be. I had a look and you need a wider image to straighten it without losing the subject.

Amazing set of images Grant, incredible work!:clap:

Soft: Excellent use of creative bokeh! I love the hint of the grasses in the foreground too. Very nice indeed!
Old: Lovely old, unusual building, and a terrific composition too.
Flowers: Very nice indeed...has a sort of abstract quality, which works well.
Dull: Wow! Incredible image! Flawless! As Bob and Tim said...that is a print worthy image for sure!
Free: Superbly balanced exposure, with great details and colours. Well done!
Near: Terrific action image with a great story! Nicely done!

You posted some very nice images sine my last visit Grant.
Empty - Look like quite a climb from the beach. Nice shot for the theme and I like the inclusion of the single boat.
Soft - I love this. Beautiful soft bokeh and lovely colours.
Dull - Another stunner. That belongs on the wall.
Near - Lots going on there. Good choice of shutter speed.

Amazing set of images Grant, incredible work!:clap:

Soft: Excellent use of creative bokeh! I love the hint of the grasses in the foreground too. Very nice indeed!
Old: Lovely old, unusual building, and a terrific composition too.
Flowers: Very nice indeed...has a sort of abstract quality, which works well.
Dull: Wow! Incredible image! Flawless! As Bob and Tim said...that is a print worthy image for sure!
Free: Superbly balanced exposure, with great details and colours. Well done!
Near: Terrific action image with a great story! Nicely done!
Thanks Gareth. Just need to stop myself falling behind now though....!

Song, my first thought was New York New York, but then I checked and it's definatly London.

Borrowed, very clever

Pete

Cracking images Grant!:clap:

Song: Very crisp cityscape with great composition....love the older(?) brick houses on the left...nice contrast with the ultra modern distant buildings.
Borrowed: Really nice, vibrant colours and a clever idea getting the other togger in there...borrowing it again!

Song and borrowed are both great images, very nice :)

Great find Grant, and well photographed!(y)
It's a perfect fit for the theme, and not least because of the street art...the bridge is pretty spooky too!

Thanks Gareth - I got lucky when on a river cruise in Chicago. We were turning round, and I spotted this under one of the bridges...!

Back