TVR Tuscan, Edinburgh

Very nice. The demise of TVR was very sad. Originality that came with the expected quirks and sometimes suspect build quality.

The guy was telling me every single item on the car was built by TVR themselves? The interior was a great place to be. If I remember correctly the car was built 2005, didn't feel even half of that (of course 10 years is nothing anyway).

I think they did manufacture everything, or almost everything in-house. I was also a passenger in one on a beautiful summer's day a few years ago. Not something you forget in a hurry..... :)

That's one of the last off the line from the old factory. They're now getting very collectible, and prices are rising for good ones.

There's a new model coming in a couple of years as the company is rising from the ashes - they've got some great talent on board and an all-new car planned. They've taken 250 deposits already, so things are looking good.

Love the first one but seems to need straightening to me! Always like seeing & hearing TVR & dreamt of owning the one that John Travolta drove in Swordfish...

That takes me back - I did some of the original photography for TVR when Ben was the PR man. I photographed Keith Flint's Speed 12 too - you want to try and get a go in one of those, V12 motor in much the same body. Just awesome. I had one of the early incarnation models, the 3000M - a 3 litre Granada engine (Ford Essex) mildly tuned and in a lightweight, space frame chassis. It was a real driver's car and way better than the Porsche 911SC Targa I had immediately before it. That was simply aweful in the wet - the TVR was dynamic to drive. The one I really would like though is the 420 SEAC - you don't hear much about them, Range Rover engine base.

I particularly like the second photo, as to me it encapsulates the wild and unconventional spirit of TVR :cool:. I used to drool over them in the early 60s at Fisher's Garage in Canning street lane, Edinburgh, (before Fisher became an Alfa dealer). Sadly, I could never afford one- not even the insurance premium for one:rolleyes:.

Very nice, used to drive a 350i for a while in the 90's before moving over to Porsche's before leaving the single mans life!

Back