Wild Twite( at last but not the last)

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
Finaly this fairly rare Bird(for me) gives me a photo oportunity.
This is by no means the best ,but considering a 4 hour round trip to get to the point were i may see them i was happy to at least manage a shot,i only took the 300mm and 400mm 5.6, one for weight and second i was not confident i would see them ,this shot was just before sunset which meant a walk across the moorland in dusk and then darkness before i got home..next step is to take the tripod and 500mm ,thats if we get weather and most importantly the bird turns up.
Twite (1 of 1)-4 by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

Some nice light and good detail there, look forward to seeing it pose for you :)

something I have never see, thank you for sharing - I personally like the image

Good luck for next time

Les

That's prety close for a twite at this time of year. Well done! I bet you have him looking at the camera somewhere......;)

Critique-wise, there is a very defined area of adjustment brush about the head which is too localised for me. Other than that, it's lovely.

Stunning, just had a look at your other Flickr photos they are superb, wonderful.

Never seen one of these before when you get him turning around its going to be a belter of a shot

Technically not the best ,handheld with a 400mm 5.6 in a awkward position, but as said it's certainly not my last shot of this bird , saying that still sat here after nearly 6 hours and not much action, but I will get it

Nice shots Den (y)

I got some record shots of a few Twite that I came across on my many travels over to see the LEO's a few months back, it'd be about as far to them as travelling to the LEO's for you. Let me know if you want the location :)

Nice shots Den (y)

I got some record shots of a few Twite that I came across on my many travels over to see the LEO's a few months back, it'd be about as far to them as travelling to the LEO's for you. Let me know if you want the location :)
Cheers Phil, these birds are in a good breeding site to me, should have gone earlier as I kept putting the walk off, it's a walk I would do regular , just needed to get back in to it and the walk can only be good

Back