Twite

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Having been inspired by Den's thread(s) about the Twites, I decided yesterday to revisit their haunt in the mountains where I got them last year, to see if I could catch them again.

The long and short of it was a two-hundred mile round trip for absolutely nothing. Many hours in a remote mountian region and nothing seen except a trio of Grey Wagtails, a Buzzard and a few Ravens. Not even a Golden Eagle to brighten my day. :(

However, with my new found abilities in LR and a lot of advice from here a year ago, I've reworked an image that showed some promise last September:

16299-1472374055-ded89b7493e57df4ff0f2e36e1120e06.jpg

Very pleasing tones, John! (y)

For a rare Bird thats not been shown on here much ,its nice to see them .
i literaly killed two birds with one stone last night to try and get some intimate shots of these birds.
I decided to leave my hide in situ around the area of the rocks were i noticed they were favouring and then put a one man tent up and stopped the night ,didnt get much sleep (totaly forgot i dont have my season 3 sleeping bag anymore)but got some shots of the birds that i am quite pleased with, i am now in the Dog house big time but their was now way i was going let this oportunity this year to pass ...

Back