Two Birches from Holme Fell

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
A first visit to Holme Fell for sunrise yesterday - bit of a recce but it soon became apparent we were going to get a decent sunrise after the forecast was for clear blue everywhere (nice for a change) - despite taking a wrong turn in the dark and trekking up the steep side of the fell in ferns up to your knees lol

What a place - almost too much too photo, here's two trees before and after sunrise (1st one in mono also as well as I think it suits both). The second I shot with square in mind but after reflection settled on this that's posted:

Holme Fell Light by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Drifters by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Holme Fell by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Great shots, I find the sky a bit too bright in the B&W but the two colour shots are very good indeed.

Lovely set, the B&W look slike it has a slight sepia tone, could just be my eyes or monitor though.

#3 is especially good.

Great shots, I find the sky a bit too bright in the B&W but the two colour shots are very good indeed.
Thanks alot

Nice work Stuart, not sure if its No.2 or 3 but looks an enjoyable day.
Cheers Paul

How gorgeous - love the b/w especially. Worth the trek!
Thanks, it's actually one of the easier spots to get to maybe only a half hour walk or so
Lovely set, the B&W look slike it has a slight sepia tone, could just be my eyes or monitor though.

#3 is especially good.
Thanks yeah the mono has been split toned with a slight blue/gold cast to it

Cracking set Stuart.

Think no.3 works best for me too. Some wonderful point of interest from front to back with the stunning birch in the foreground and some stunning light unfolding on the distant peaks to the rear.

Seen them on Flickr and gave them a fave. Three great images but for me number one has the edge, but only just, over number three. Of course I like number two as well!

I had a look at Holme Fell when walking that way a few months ago and plan to revisit with a camera, hopefully next month.

The third is a real treat Stuart.

Cracking set Stuart.

Think no.3 works best for me too. Some wonderful point of interest from front to back with the stunning birch in the foreground and some stunning light unfolding on the distant peaks to the rear.

Lovely light and an impressive vista. I seem to be the odd one out, I actually prefer 1 with the hazy lhs. 3 is a really nice image, but the central tree puts me off for some reason.

Seen them on Flickr and gave them a fave. Three great images but for me number one has the edge, but only just, over number three. Of course I like number two as well!

I had a look at Holme Fell when walking that way a few months ago and plan to revisit with a camera, hopefully next month.

Three lovely images Stuart personally prefer #1 some lovely light and added bonus of the tree framing the lake in the distant.

Awesome light, #1 is my pick
Thanks for the comments everyone - such a great place to visit and probably my favourite place I've been to so far in terms of sheer variety of compositions. It's took me a while to get on board with shooting trees but I think I 'get it' now and can see why they're such a popular subject.

3rd one for me mate really is a beauty! I like the mono as well but it's just a pity the darker tones on the tree blend with the background in places!

Back