Two firsts today......

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
First time into the garden with my new 100-400mm and first one of these beauties to visit.

Woodpecker-3.jpg

Woodpecker-2.jpg

Was more of a grab shot, as I was just coming in, saw a flash of colour and only had a second to aim,point and shoot. Hope it comes back soon!

Great way to christen a new lens (y)
Second one for me :)

ive been to the local woods on numerous occasions to spot a woodpecker, hear plenty but never seen any, do you use special sort of seed or just the normal stuff from wilkos ect, great shots with your new lens , well done

ive been to the local woods on numerous occasions to spot a woodpecker, hear plenty but never seen any, do you use special sort of seed or just the normal stuff from wilkos ect, great shots with your new lens , well done

NEVER seen this bird in the garden before! Normal bird peanuts in the feeder he is on, sunflower seeds in another and shelled sunflower seeds in a third. Just hope it comes back!

Nice shots. If it comes back on a regular basis will you be setting up a perch for it?

Fabulous stuff Carole, must be Woody day today, as I managed one with the 70-200mm too.
Not as good as these though ... perhaps I need some new toys too! :D

Good to see you enjoying yours! (y)

Back