Two from a stormy evening at Godrevy Point

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Two very nice images Graham, with #1 being the stronger of the two. Really like the composition on this one and the dramatic lighting. There's a slight slope on the horizon (needs a slight CCW turn) but other than that very nice.(y)

George.

No. 1 is good but I really like number 2. I have spent a lot of time on Hayle beach over the years and no. 2 is really evocative.

Very nice Graham. Really like them both.

Funnily enough I've just got in from being there this evening :)

The weather was a little blowy but a great sunset. Hoping to have got a few good shots but to tired to check tonight.

Number 1 is lovely.
But I really do love the second. It just has such a lovely feel.
The movement in the water is enough but not too much, the moody colours work and the stormy sky....great pic.

I really like both, nice movement in 2.

(1 looks like it has some water spots on a lens or filter or something (underneath the lighthouse) which has lowered some contrast)

Two very nice images Graham, with #1 being the stronger of the two. Really like the composition on this one and the dramatic lighting. There's a slight slope on the horizon (needs a slight CCW turn) but other than that very nice.(y)

George.

Thanks George looks like i forgot about my horizons again.

No. 1 is good but I really like number 2. I have spent a lot of time on Hayle beach over the years and no. 2 is really evocative.

Cheers Chris my first visit, its a lovely place

Very nice Graham. Really like them both.

Funnily enough I've just got in from being there this evening :)

The weather was a little blowy but a great sunset. Hoping to have got a few good shots but to tired to check tonight.

Thanks David sounds a bit like my evening, I ended up chasing a lens cloth down the beach.

Number 1 is lovely.
But I really do love the second. It just has such a lovely feel.
The movement in the water is enough but not too much, the moody colours work and the stormy sky....great pic.

Thanks Ruth

I really like both, nice movement in 2.

(1 looks like it has some water spots on a lens or filter or something (underneath the lighthouse) which has lowered some contrast)

cheers Stu i thought I got most of the spots looks like I missed some. The wind was blowing the spray all over the camera spent more time cleaning and covering the filters than taking pictures.

Like both of these but think no1 is my favourite with the lovely dramatic sky.

I love that place & hope to be there again soon!

Cheers T

No 2 for me. Dramatic, different and thoughtful. It needed more work to produce whereas the first was there for the taking. Pun intended.

Two strong images.
You need to straighten the first one though. You notice it as soon as you scroll the pic up.
Second pic could do with a wee turn anticlockwise :)

No 1 for me Graham. Great composition, lighting, dramatic feeling.

Thanks Neil

Like both of these but think no1 is my favourite with the lovely dramatic sky.

I love that place & hope to be there again soon!

Cheers T

Thanks Tom, it is a lovely place.

No 2 for me. Dramatic, different and thoughtful. It needed more work to produce whereas the first was there for the taking. Pun intended.

Thanks Derek, no 1 was hard work must have cleaned the filters about 20 times and then ended up chasing the lens cloth down the beach at least it must have given any onlookers a laugh.

Two strong images.
You need to straighten the first one though. You notice it as soon as you scroll the pic up.
Second pic could do with a wee turn anticlockwise :)

Thanks Ken just straightened the first.

Two great images. Love the first one though.

Cheers Chris

First needs another 1/4 degree turn.
Maybe new glasses are in order :)

Back