Critique Two from Glencoe in evening summer light

Wow, great location and light Steve. Nowt wrong with that - do me a favour and send some sun down here?

Reactions: ST4
Two great images- both remarkably fine for light and composition.

Two really great shots Steve, lovely light and spot on composition.(y)

George.

Was this on a trip with Daugirdas? Top shot is very similar in terms of composition but even the cloud looks remarkably similar? Think I prefer this, the light on the centre tree's and hillside looks less harsh. Both yours and his are cracking shots.

I'm especially taken with the first one Steve as it's a little departure away from your usual (and excellent) 50/50 mirror shots.
Gorgeous.

Was this on a trip with Daugirdas? Top shot is very similar in terms of composition but even the cloud looks remarkably similar? Think I prefer this, the light on the centre tree's and hillside looks less harsh. Both yours and his are cracking shots.

Indeed it was. All that differs is the PP (speaking about it yesterday it turns out quite a lot different)

I like those. Ta.

The first in particular is awesome. I think I prefer the PP on this to the similar one uploaded recently though they are both superb. A tiny tiny pity that the right side of the reflection is partially obscured by the daisies but that is the only real thing I could crit and that is just being ultra picky.

I am thinking about going to Glencoe next week, do you mind if I ask where this is? I am not planning on going and ripping off your composition or anything but wondered if it is much of a walk as my dad may be coming too.

Last edited:
Steve
I like those the light is great very nicely shot.

The first in particular is awesome. I think I prefer the PP on this to the similar one uploaded recently though they are both superb. A tiny tiny pity that the right side of the reflection is partially obscured by the daisies but that is the only real thing I could crit and that is just being ultra picky.

I am thinking about going to Glencoe next week, do you mind if I ask where this is? I am not planning on going and ripping off your composition or anything but wondered if it is much of a walk as my dad may be coming too.

No walk really, its between the Clachaig Inn and Red Squirrel campsite, look for a sign that says riverbank or riverside cottages and you are there.

Stunning--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------just stunning

Wow, I absolutely love the first one, what amazing light you had! Really like the daisies in the fore ground too, has a lovely soft feel to it. You must be very happy indeed!

The first one is a cracker Steve.

2 great shots.
Would you object to showing us what it looked like before processing? I would be interested to see the difference, as I've always shot jpegs, but am interested in working with raw files.

2 great shots.
Would you object to showing us what it looked like before processing? I would be interested to see the difference, as I've always shot jpegs, but am interested in working with raw files.

Pm me you're email. I can send the raw over. It's not that different .

I've sharpened this, slightly. Added contrast, faux grad and lifted foreground, lifted shadows, increased saturation, vibrance and yellow luminosity.

First one for me Ste.

It's been said already but in terms of the composition, the foreground really does make the difference.

Not been on here much as health has kept me at bay but fingers crossed, I'm looking forward to autumn

Back