Critique Two from Lagangarbh in Glencoe on Tuesday night

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I loved this spot so much and it has so much potential I just had to go back...

I felt a little later in the evening would soften the light up and a different sky could work even better.

Plus it was an excuse to go out in the car and have some fun in a wonderful part of the world. But it was midgy...I will retake all these in spring once there is snow down and less midges.

_DSC4576 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC4580 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Nice images. I think I slightly prefer 2nd one. I bet composing wasn't easy with those midges eating you alive and getting in on the filter.

Neither was focussing...so many of them, soon as your stood still they were on me (and you). AF would have been easier, rather than having to faff around with live view and 100% view to make sure its focussed, made me a midge magnet whilst I stood there like a goof trying to get critical focus.... I agree with you re 2. This is such a late spring location with snow its not real.

Get yours on here and THAT image from Monday, man I wished I was at the pap that evening you got that, but this will do for now.

Last edited:
Prefer the first one Steve.
The pebbles are more prominent which really works for me.

Reactions: ST4
Nice location, prefer the second shot, the cottage in the first is a bit too much of a distraction, the first thing I noticed as it is so bright.

It certainly looks a great spot Steve I can see why you are drawn to it, lovely detail in both #1 edges it for me also with the pebbles and a touch more detail in the main feature.

Back