SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
What a summer this has been. It's either been totally grey, or totally blue skies with not much inbetween. Here are two from Tuesday in Glencoe. There was too much cloud, and haze around to really get the light onto the mountain (Meall a'bhuiridh). The reflections though were very nice.

_DSC4414 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I kept hoping for more light and it was not to be. The cloud out east was just too thick to let the sun come through and do its thing.

The early evening couldn't have been more different. I like this view of Torren Lochan and given it is now school holiday season which means young studenty types camping/dog walker/campervan hell meant this was the only quiet spot around. It was a really nice evening and classic tapps aff weather. Sadly, about 90 mins to sunset the cloud rolled in thick from out west and the light was done before it was going to get interesting.

_DSC1822 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

You cannot win them all.

The second is classic Steve, just not in as good light as we have seen it before.

The first I like for being something a little different, it has way more feeling and story telling about it because of the mist and lingering blue hour light.

Another couple of excellent ones, Steve.

I particularly like the first. Sometimes the light is so dramatic that shots jump out at you but this one shows the subtle nature of light that might occur anywhere but I associate it very much with the Highlands.

As you probably know if you want to get away from the - "... young studenty types camping/dog walker/campervan hell .." go further north and west, though you will probably get caught up with the NC500ers.

Dave

BTW Do you employ someone to iron the lochs for you?:)

I really like the first image. Not my own style at all, as you know, but there's just something about it I really like. I don't think it would work at all for me without the mist.

I really like the first image. Not my own style at all, as you know, but there's just something about it I really like. I don't think it would work at all for me without the mist.

Thanks mate. It’s growing on me the more I look at it. I’d have liked an altogether different lighting pattern but another day, another time :)

Back