Two lips

NSFW.......you must have a strict boss.

red and green always work well.

Boing

I dont know why people dont comment on my shots :shrug: shame really :( I try my best to welcome all new members and comment on lots of shots, answer loads of pms, I get every day, and try to help where I can, ah well way it goes I suppose,

Last edited:
Title pulled me in...;)

Really well composted photograph. Very sharp and really like the background bokeh - not the usual circular type I usually see.

Cheers.

Nice one Dave - I like the detail you've caught in the petals! Is it handheld? I'm struggling to get any close-ups without a tripod since getting my 7D. I must need a lot more practice!

(y)

Very nice indeed Dave.
Everything working there, particularly the FG petal - great detail and colours all clicking, not to mention BG adding to the mix √

Boing

I dont know why people dont comment on my shots :shrug: shame really :( I try my best to welcome all new members and comment on lots of shots, answer loads of pms, I get every day, and try to help where I can, ah well way it goes I suppose,

Hiya Dave,

Great shot, as I think I have already mentioned on your Flickr .... I sometimes forget whether I have replied or not here or there, so sorry if I sometimes miss your threads.

As for your comment .... have you ever thought that perhaps people view your photos and feel they don't have the experience or knowledge to offer critique. I know it is nice when people say 'yep I like that' but sometimes people don't want to just leave those comments (as much as we would like them to), but they perhaps feel obliged to leave more .... and as such they just move on after looking.

I can remember when I first joined TP, I was at first hesitant to reply to posts, especially a seasoned photographer as yourself, and I found I would generally stick to commenting on the 'newbies' posts where I felt more comfortable.

But hey, there is no stopping me now :LOL: Not that what I comment makes sense most of the time, but heyho that is all part of the learning experience. If I get it wrong, someone is sure to correct me ..... but then there are times when I get it right, I hope :D After all what I like might not be another's cuppa so we are all entitled to our opinions of how we view images.

As for you trying your best .... I know how hard you try and the difficulties you face in getting the fantastic shots you get, so well done to you :clap:

You are always there to offer help, and I have noticed how you welcome folk to the forum. You are a true gent and a valuable TP member with a kind heart, so please don't feel down-hearted. You have been and are still a great help in my learning of photography and I always know who to PM when I have a technical question. So for that I thank you.

I will try to keep a closer check on the home page, which I haven't had much time to look at lately with all the projects on the go, and I will pop past when I see you have posted a thread to keep you encouraged.

Most of all remember you are doing great in your photography and you should be very proud of your photos.

Take care

Cheers

Dawn :)

Title pulled me in...;)

Really well composted photograph. Very sharp and really like the background bokeh - not the usual circular type I usually see.

Cheers.

Quite a fitting typo if I must say. lol

Well exposed photograph. Good DOF and nicely out of focus at the rear(y)

As Drodd said I am a noob to togging and do not have the knowledge to critique however I really like this shot, and what I like is the composition, the lighting (perfect in my eyes) the DOF is fab and excellent colours, oh and I like the way you captured the detail of the fine lines in the petal, I only hope to one day produce stuff like this.

fantastic shot Dave, has all been said above, but just to add, I love the way you've got the Tulip "leaning" to the left and some of the background shadows "leaning" to the right, gives a strong compositional element to it.:clap::clap::clap:

I agree- but what about that Frame :shrug:

Les :D:D:D:D

As already mentioned as a newboy I dont feel qualified to pass judgment especially since all the whoha :nono: about the 100 post business, it makes me feel like a comment such as "I like that,well done" could be taken as just trying to build my post count.

But i DO like that :)

Regards
Mark

As already mentioned as a newboy I dont feel qualified to pass judgment especially since all the whoha :nono: about the 100 post business, it makes me feel like a comment such as "I like that,well done" could be taken as just trying to build my post count.

But i DO like that :)

Regards
Mark

you can say that again Mark... and the kindly written comment from dawn hit the spot aswell... being very new at all this i feel a little unequipped to comment re any technical points on all these really well taken images im seeing.. but an honest personal opinion of my own like/dislike i guess cant be nuked :p

i like this pic.. its crazily sharp... the colours are really vivid... i like the blood red twinge on the left especially!... again im new & have no idea if the shot is deliberately like this.. however.. if i could change anything.. id perhaps try up the vibrancy of the green in the stem .. and ive no idea if this can be done in pp.. but try to reduce the slightly distracting 'arc' of ?reflected light from a flash?? in the bottom right.

still.. id love to be able to take shots like this... one day! lol :p

Pete

Hi

Sorry for the late reply but as it was mothers day yesterday we had our children and grandchildren over to visit all day and into the evening. thanks you all for your much appreciated comments and encouragement

michael23-michael, thanks very much

posiview-Andy, lOL to the title I was happy with the diagonals of the bokeh

Yanzi-Leanne, thaks for your kind comment, yes it is handheld, I used the OB flash sync/shutter as my settings, with flash compensation of -2

Rockshifter-Charles
, Cheers buddy

drodd-Dawn, no problem with missing threads I do quite often as they go off the front page fast, yes I guess your right about people not feeling confident enough to comment, but they shouldn't be if they say what they see, their opinion is as valid as the next persons, I know what you mean I was probably cautious when I first joined

I enjoy reading your comments as they are always well thought about observations.

I do try to help where I can!!

Thanks for the kind comments about my photography and photos,

Thanks again for you encouragement Dawn it very much appreciated.

Doog-Dougie, thanks mate

STARRIDER-Dave, thanks Dave it was the way the back sunlight was lighting up the blood red petals left that drew me tpo the shot, and i also used some fill flash

Tavli-Scott, thanks very much mate

Lez325-Les, Thanky buddy and LOL to the frame he he

feek-Rob, cheers, I quite liked the opposing diagonals

jontwhale, thanks

Mark Cook-Mark, thanks comments are as welcome as everyone elses

Photogo!-Pete, thanks as said below the blood red was what drew me to the shot, not sure about the green stem as far as I can remember that was true to the colour, I should be able to remove the arch through a little PPing

Thanks again everyone for your time to look and kind encouraging comments, and once again sorry for the late reply,

A very happy

Dave

Last edited:
Sorry Dave I only left a comment on Flickr! :bonk:

You're really making use of that Macro lens!

Another great shot! Love the texture and the colour. Well done! I added it to my favourites on Flickr too! (y)

I wish I had your technical ability and vision. Still I love playing and taking shots so I reckon it will come eventually! :D

Back