Beginner Two pictures of Lendal Bridge, York

These are better than any pictures I have of that bridge. Excellent.

I think that the first composition is the more dynamic of the two and is very neatly structured, too. The long exposure on the water adds a feeling of tranquility to the setting, which matches the soft lighting very well. All in all, a very accomplished piece of work, IMHO. Well done!

A tripod is a very valuable, but sometimes overlooked, tool to have in ones photographic armoury - a sensible purchase, sir ;)!

I think you should be pleased with both shots. I actually prefer the second one as the curve of the bridge makes a good frame for the boats, but the scaffold in the centre is unfortunate and not something you could do anything about. I would have preferred the first one if it had included the near end of the bridge at the expense of the building reflection, but again that's not a big issue.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm really pleased with how the shots came out, first time using lightroom too. Years ago (before I took up photography again) I'd have relied on HDR to obtain the results like those two shots, but things have apparently moved on significantly!

Like those - don't remember seeing this bridge when I've visited York before - is it central ?

Yes, it's not far from the station, most people will walk over it if they are heading into town from the station.

Nice shots I prefer the first one due to the reflections in the water.

Andy

Back