Two sunrises this weekend....

Two very nice images Sir, with the Bamburgh shot clearly being my fav'.(y)

George.

Love the first one Martin, second one I'm back and forth on the sunspot, I'm not adverse to shooting them unlike some however with the house and the sun at opposite ends of the frame my eye goes back and forth a bit with them. Other than that really nice light, looked a good morning to be out

Two nice shots Martin
I love the movement in the second but I am not loving the sun in the shot

I like them both, well done.

Personally, I would crop out the sun in the second.
Love the first, but the sun and glare on the water kills the 2nd for me and I would have to crop it out.
Loving the first and agree with a couple of comments above about cropping the sun - it takes my eye away from the well lit subject
Two nice shots Martin
I love the movement in the second but I am not loving the sun in the shot

Done! After sitting on it for a couple of days, I totally agree. I liked it at the time, not so much now, so here's a crop that suits my taste much better. Thanks guys :)

Howick Bath house by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Last edited:
That works better for me in fact I prefer that shot over #1 now

The Bamburgh shot is lovely, plenty to look at. The crop of the 2nd is the better one for not having the sun so bright in frame.

2nd version of No 2 is much better.

First shot is really good.

Lie in today, no sunrise to be seen.............

Last edited:
Nice shots both, I like the edit of 2, when I first saw the top images my comment was going to be I don't usually like to see the sun in the image, but I really enjoy the water movement, the edit makes it for me.

1 is very nice but lacks a little something imo.

Back