Two takes on Autumn

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Messing around something autumnal, not the finished article I think but I'm interested in people's thoughts

Autumn1.jpg

Autumn-091.jpg

I do like both images.

With the white background I feel it could be improved without the half leaf on the right hand side and the mark at the bottom left.

The black background image is very nicely done.

Hmmphf how did I miss that mark bottom left? And yes I debated the half leaf but felt it didn't want a space there, food for thought, thanks for taking the time.

I agree with losing the half leaf but I would also have tried to photoshop the top leaf over the branch rather than underneath.

Messing around something autumnal, not the finished article I think but I'm interested in people's thoughts

View attachment 257734

your first is spot on for composition and emotion...follows what i think is a japanese style...the frame idea makes the composition stay put
the second lacks this and perhaps could be treated with a frame to hold the eye
a close crop would compact the feel of the colours...the black is a bit overpowering just on its own
cheers..geof

Attachments

• Autumn-091.jpg
    Autumn-091.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I like both very much but the second especially. Very creative.

your first is spot on for composition and emotion...follows what i think is a japanese style...the frame idea makes the composition stay put
the second lacks this and perhaps could be treated with a frame to hold the eye
a close crop would compact the feel of the colours...the black is a bit overpowering just on its own
cheers..geof
Thanks Geoff, I really like your take on it, thanks for taking the time.

Back