Twr Mawr Lighthouse

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
I don't think you needed clouds. That light is lovely. Great lighting and use of shadows, great colour in the sky finished off nicely by the background hills. The only thing I don't like is that you were there and I wasn't. Seriously, nice one :)

Edit My Images
Yes
That's just super and clouds would probably not add anything. I would crop away some of the smaller foreground rocks as they distract my eye from the larger sunlit rocks and lighthouse, but I can see why some would keep them in as they do catch the light nicely.

OP
OP
Richard Breland
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks very much for the comments everyone. It was a really nice day - plenty of people on the beach (its a really nice walk from the car park to the lighthouse along a massive beach), some even swimming in the sea...in February !! Thanks again :)

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
No criticism of the shot, although I'd probably lift the shadow details a little, but nearly every view of this scene places the lighthouse exactly on the horizon line.
I know it's down to viewpoint, and maybe there are no alternatives, but if I were taking it, I'd try to find either a higher or lower viewpoint to change the perspective a little.
Looks like I'm going to have to make the trip sometime...

Edit My Images
No
Very nice shot of a classic scene. No issues with the lack of clouds, the colours and the light on the foreground more than make up for that

Edit My Images
No
Beautiful image. Would have been interesting to see a long exposure shot of the same scene to see what the sea looked like in the image.

Top stuff though.

Last edited:
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
What a fabulous photo