Twr Mawr Lighthouse

I love the shadows in the foreground and slight mist leading to the Llyn Peninsular. Great atmosphere!

I don't think you needed clouds. That light is lovely. Great lighting and use of shadows, great colour in the sky finished off nicely by the background hills. The only thing I don't like is that you were there and I wasn't. Seriously, nice one :)

Richard that is very nice as it is.:clap:

That's just super and clouds would probably not add anything. I would crop away some of the smaller foreground rocks as they distract my eye from the larger sunlit rocks and lighthouse, but I can see why some would keep them in as they do catch the light nicely.

Thanks very much for the comments everyone. It was a really nice day - plenty of people on the beach (its a really nice walk from the car park to the lighthouse along a massive beach), some even swimming in the sea...in February !! Thanks again :)

No criticism of the shot, although I'd probably lift the shadow details a little, but nearly every view of this scene places the lighthouse exactly on the horizon line.
I know it's down to viewpoint, and maybe there are no alternatives, but if I were taking it, I'd try to find either a higher or lower viewpoint to change the perspective a little.
Looks like I'm going to have to make the trip sometime...

One of the better shots from this location, nice composition and lovely light. Great work.

Very nice shot of a classic scene. No issues with the lack of clouds, the colours and the light on the foreground more than make up for that

Beautiful image. Would have been interesting to see a long exposure shot of the same scene to see what the sea looked like in the image.

Top stuff though.

Last edited:
The fact that there are no clouds is a blessing with this composition and light imo. One of the rare times a landscape photograph can happily do without any at all.

What a fabulous photo

Back