Twycross Zoo - Mixed Bag

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Recent trip to Twycross in October - using Nikon D7000 and Sigma 150-600 C. C&C always welcome...

1. chimp
Twycross_20191027_115347_02 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

2. Bonobo
Twycross_20191027_112654 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

3. Sumatran Tiger
Twycross_20191027_143811 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

4. Sumatran Tiger
Twycross_20191027_144001 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

5. De Brazza Monkey
Twycross_20191027_132611 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

6. Flamingo
Twycross_20191027_151439 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

7. Dusky Langur
Twycross_20191027_161724 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

8. Kirks Dik Dik
Twycross_20191027_152526 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

thanks for looking :)

I particularly like the black and white Bonobo! Where are the tigers? In the old elephant enclosure?

I particularly like the black and white Bonobo! Where are the tigers? In the old elephant enclosure?

Thanks!

Tigers have a newly built enclosure - the old elephant enclosure now houses rhino.

The black and white chimp is lovely. You've caught it at a very timely moment. He/she is looking thoughtful or contemplating something.
I don't know if it's lens flare or something on your lens, but the area under the East looks smudged.

Thanks!

Tigers have a newly built enclosure - the old elephant enclosure now houses rhino.
Wow, it definitely seems like I need to go back! We hit it hard when we had an annual pass, but haven’t been since.

Nice set Fi, but I do really like no7, the Langur.....thats a great shot....

Still loving the Sig ?

Wow, it definitely seems like I need to go back! We hit it hard when we had an annual pass, but haven’t been since.

I'd say it is definitely worth a visit - have you been since Chimp Eden opened? It is a massive improvement - I'd like to see similar for all of the other apes.

Really like the B&W chimp.

Thank you - it is actually a Bonobo, one of my faves at Twycross :)

Nice set Fi, but I do really like no7, the Langur.....thats a great shot....

Still loving the Sig ?

Thank you - I think the langurs are very photogenic :)

Yes - really enjoying the Sig. Still getting used to using it though - it is a steep curve!

The black and white chimp is lovely. You've caught it at a very timely moment. He/she is looking thoughtful or contemplating something.
I don't know if it's lens flare or something on your lens, but the area under the East looks smudged.

Thank you - tis a Bonobo rather than a chimp and they do tend to look more 'thoughtful' generally. Do you mean the bottom right hand corner of the Bonobo shot? I think it is just foliage tbh.

I'd say it is definitely worth a visit - have you been since Chimp Eden opened? It is a massive improvement - I'd like to see similar for all of the other apes.
Yes, it opened towards the end of our year. I’ve never seen the chimps in the outside area though.

Nice set Fi, I really like #7 the Dusky Langur (y)

Back