Typhoon....call sign Havoc.

Thanks for taking the time to come and check it out, and sorry about the life lost in doing so, should we ever meet on a TP meet somewhere I'll have to buy you a drink :)

I'm always up for a pint :)

@Circuit Hero , can you clarify the question about missiles from earlier ie whether the Typhoon in the picture is armed with live missiles or inert practice ones (and if you can tell by the colour or not) ?

The coloured ring on the weapon dictates its status - blue is training.

It might as well become a thread discussing something interesting, rather than waiting for someone to apologise for over-reacting who clearly isn't going to!

I think there's a notion that you can 'just' photoshop something,...

Someone on another forum once posted about their partner, a well know photographer, who photographed a product and the shots were worked on for three weeks. At the time all I could think of was how expensive that must have been (a whole team sat editing for three weeks???) but after reading your post I now see why this happens.

Someone on another forum once posted about their partner, a well know photographer, who photographed a product and the shots were worked on for three weeks. At the time all I could think of was how expensive that must have been (a whole team sat editing for three weeks???) but after reading your post I now see why this happens.

I think everyone who works with composites would rather have the opportunity and budget to get it right in-camera, but that very rarely happens and in some cases it's impossible. The commercial industry is now shifting heavily towards 3D models now with heavy post-production work. So photography in some cases has become like playing Forza on your Xbox, except you can pick any location and light it exactly how you want.

Thanks Nick - beat me to it. There's no OPSEC concerns here - they're universal armament guides so are open-source.

That's all good, and the question was asked with the best of intent. Just watching your back, nobody like answering uncomfortable questions now or later :)

I think everyone who works with composites would rather have the opportunity and budget to get it right in-camera, but that very rarely happens and in some cases it's impossible. The commercial industry is now shifting heavily towards 3D models now with heavy post-production work. So photography in some cases has become like playing Forza on your Xbox, except you can pick any location and light it exactly how you want.
I have no idea what you just said.

:D

But I think I get the gist :D

a good example of this that I just saw on twitter. http://www.taylorjames.com/portfolio/ford-ranger

would love to see Rich try to make light of that!...

I don't have proof, but I can probably convince you that they really are composite, even though they may not look it. Just do a search for typhoon and composite. And the facts will speak for themselves.
Not sure what you mean?
The RAW files are posted on here.
Interesting to see Dick likes your comment,so he's still reading the thread.no apology forthcoming?

The typhoon in a composite aircraft. It's made with composite materials. But I can't prove it. Although I could create a long and rambling video that doesn't prove anything.

What I think is interesting is where RCJ has somehow convinced himself that his proof crusade was on the right track. He started out with a huge amount of confidence. Even before seeing the raws. He must have then seen some of his claims were wrong as he dropped them from the video. His brain must have a way to mask that so that he could continue. I suspect he's done this sort of thing before.

I don't see him as being malicious. But such massive over confidence, followed by his self convincing, must get him into all sorts of difficult situations. I'd hate to have any dealings with someone like that. He needs protecting from himself.

Last edited:
Interesting to see Dick likes your comment,so he's still reading the thread.no apology forthcoming?

Well, at least as he's logged in, and read the thread, he's now aware that we're not about to accede to his request that we delete his account and all the associated posts to save him from looking a complete imbecile...

Last edited:
Well, at least as he's logged in, and read the thread, he's now aware that we're not about to accede to his request that we delete his account and all the associated posts to save him from looking a complete imbecile...

In fairness, he may not be a complete Imbecile... He could have had his Appendix Removed or lost a Tooth...

I don't see him as being malicious. But such massive over confidence, followed by his self convincing, must get him into all sorts of difficult situations.

Isn't that just a feature of a lot of people on the internet!

Isn't that just a feature of a lot of people on the internet!

Well this one's a bit different. Many couldn't care less about what they say. And feel is doesn't matter as it's only the Internet. RCJ believed in what he claimed. Then rearranged that in his brain, not to talk his way out of it. But to keep believing it himself.

Last edited:
Well this one's a bit different.

Your wrong, I'm right, ..............your still wrong I'm right..........You've proved me wrong, I'm still right!.........looks no different to me ;)

Frankly, the level of arrogance displayed is disgusting. I have no respect for anyone who can't apologise, or won't apologise. However, the only person he had let down is himself.

Your wrong, I'm right, ..............your still wrong I'm right..........You've proved me wrong, I'm still right!.........looks no different to me ;)
I'm looking at his very first post where he claimed the pictures were composite. Look at the confidence already. He's not out to look good. He's just in his own special world.

Last edited:
Just spent an hour reading through this thread, comedy gold, there are some very loopy people out there (loopy, gettit?)

Still no apology, but I wasn't expecting him to come out with one to be honest.

The funniest thing for me is that in his last post he was wondering why someone didn't pull him up on getting his maths wrong, when the bloke clearly doesn't even realise we drive on the left side of the road and the car would be travelling 'down' the picture rather than 'up' it as he is assuming, a maths error is the least of his problems.

fair dos to the OP, great photos, and makes me want to get up there myself. Even if no jets come past the scenery looks stunning.

Pete, I think that's a bit of an unfair question to ask Circuit Hero due to OPSEC but here's some stuff already out there in the public domain:

http://www.fast-air.co.uk/raf-nato-weapons-markings/

to be fair if it had contravened opsec he'd only have to say ' sorry i can't answer that' but as he pointed out it doesn't anyway. Popular fiction talks about white for live, blue for practice but gives the impression that its the whole missile that's painted so its interesting to hear this its just the colored ring

Not sure what you mean?
The RAW files are posted on here.

I think its pretty clear that you are never going to get an apology ;)

I doubt Dick is bright enough to realise that Ian was making a joke about composite materials

I've not seen any evidence that our patient is not bright and that his capacity is limited at all . However it's likely that he is blocking certain connections. But this is beyond his control.

Last edited:
Question is, is a typhoon more or less of a composite than a raptor ?

Are you serious??... Hardly something to joke about is it.

He got banned for his outburst in another thread involving a mod.
It wasn't a joke. But in his case it's expecially unlikely. As he is incredibly thick skinned. And probably didn't understand what he was doing at an emotional level at all. And even if he did, it's more likely to be because of his other court cases and conflict with noisy bikers. I wouldn't wish it on him, but we can't let it get to us if he did. Unless anyone here knew him more personally.
He's off now on to other things with other people and likely repeat his mistakes and be moved on again. Good luck to him, poor confused soul. But I've known worse. Far worse.

Last edited:
Just spent an hour reading through this thread, comedy gold, there are some very loopy people out there (loopy, gettit?)

Still no apology, but I wasn't expecting him to come out with one to be honest.

The funniest thing for me is that in his last post he was wondering why someone didn't pull him up on getting his maths wrong, when the bloke clearly doesn't even realise we drive on the left side of the road and the car would be travelling 'down' the picture rather than 'up' it as he is assuming, a maths error is the least of his problems.

fair dos to the OP, great photos, and makes me want to get up there myself. Even if no jets come past the scenery looks stunning.

Yep, me too - I have little interest in jets, but the Welsh mountains keep cropping up in my bike club photos of peoples' trips out.....I really need to find the time to take a day over and experience them for myself.

I would love to know how you drop a main subject on a background like that. Very clever.

Back