Typhoon....call sign Havoc.

He was definitely 'something' :LOL:

I really felt he added something - his bird shots were "different" and sometimes "strange" ..... I did not really appreciate them from technical, (especially) or compositional standpoints, but I am quite traditional in this respect ....... but they were still interesting to view as birds from another country

He did however become very direct in his views and did not accept any comments that did not see his point of view

It's good to have people from other countries joining in, but not if they act consistantly like he did

Last edited:
cad east is the easiest to get to.you can drive up most of the way and then its a 15 minute gentle walk up.i personally dont like it that much but i had a heads up F15 Eagles were goiung through so i had to get up a hill quickly.a normal sunny day means cad east AM then cross over to cad west PM so the sun is with you.a location called Bluebell is a killer to reach but its stunning when jets come through.
any help i can give then let me know
Okey dokey! At 16stone I find walking up Cad West a real grind as I'm unfit due to a) my laziness and b) a hormone imbalance causing high blood pressure. So if you could give me a piggy-back up there one day soon it'd be very much appreciated.

Awesome photos by the way. Always like your work.

thanks but a piggy back is out of the question!......i hate cad west walk!

thanks but a piggy back is out of the question!......i hate cad west walk!

I have to say you showed remarkable patience when dealing with a complete fruit loop like dicky boy.

Maybe when I get enough bp's built up the chief accountant might let me out to visit the loop again and maybe see you up there sometime.

Best of luck.

Well, what an interesting read. We think we might like to head there having witnessed two jets returning slowly to base in Cornwall. For a first ( and possibly only timer) what would be the best focal length and support method and which spot would you suggest? I have a knee that is acting up at the moment but should be ok if I take it steady. Thanks for any advice. As for the recently departed troll, I was impressed with the OPs cool approach to irrational nastiness. The troll probably has a miserable life which just became more miserable as a result of his own nasty behaviour.

Back